QubATA

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

QubATA

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have a Tetroid Trump Card with CF Card interface, which has QubATA v3.08, which has 2 x 256MB partitions on a 1GB CF Card. Leaving space for additional partitions. The system works well on a Minerva v1.98 QL.

I decided to upgrade to QuATA v3.10, so I programmed a new EEPROM, on boot up the new QubATA rom initialised OK, recognised the CF Card, but the WIN device failed.

I thought maybe the CF Card was corrupted, but on inserting the QubATA v3.08 rom, the QL booted up recognising the WIN device.

Is there a difference between QubATA v3.08 and v3.10?

Regards,

Derek
dex
Gold Card

Re: QubATA

Post by dex »

From the manual:
"With the 3.10 version, the driver has the ability to be started as WIN or QUB driver. If the driver was
configured/started as QUB driver (and not as default WIN), please replace any WIN reference by QUB
everywhere in the following sections."
Possibly THIS is the problem?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

dex wrote:From the manual:
"With the 3.10 version, the driver has the ability to be started as WIN or QUB driver. If the driver was
configured/started as QUB driver (and not as default WIN), please replace any WIN reference by QUB
everywhere in the following sections."
Possibly THIS is the problem?
Hi,

Thank you for the update, but I do not think this is the problem, as I am using the ROM file, which does not have config blocks. Only the REXT file has config blocks.

Please see the QubATA 3.10 Release Notes:
QubATAv310 Release Notes: Installation Section wrote: *********************** Installation and configuration ************************

From V3.10, QubATA has the ability to be configured in two operating modes :
- As a second new driver (QUB) along any existing WIN driver if present
- As a principal WIN driver replacing any existing WIN driver if present

The mode is chosen from the built-in configuration block in Qub***_REXT file.

ROM version can't be configured and will install itself always as WIN driver.
I checked the REXT version of the QubATA driver, which the config blocks default to:

Controller address (Default HEX 0000C000) => 0000C000
Driver Name (WIN QUB NONE) =>WIN0

I will try the REXT version of the driver. which with the defaults in the config block will point to the ROM Port where the CF Controller for the Trump Card is located, with WIN as the default drive name.

Regards,

Derek
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

It's my understanding that the ROM version just copies itself into RAM anyway, and then fixes the I/O address base to what it would have been if running from the ROM as that's where it expects the hardware to be located - the REXT version needs to be configged with that information I think

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think I have sorted out the problem, I loaded the REXT version of the QUBata v3.10 driver, which loaded the WIN driver and recognised the existing partitions, made in v3.08

The REXT file is made especially for the Tetriod TDI Card and called QUBTET_REXT, configured to use the WIN device and the Interface at C000H

The rom version of the file is called QUBATA_ROM, which signs onto the QL as QubATA v3.10S, which leads me to assume that,t the QubATA v3.10T rom file is missing from the zip file on the Q,L Homepage.

I have asked Tetroid and Alain Haoui to post an update here...

This maybe only be effect ne.

Regards,

Derek
HAOUI
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by HAOUI »

Hi All,
As asked by Derek, find attached here below 2 archives with full ROM images for TDI interface ready to be burned as it is on the Winbond EEPROM 64KB.
Both are fitted with TK2.26 and QubATA driver 3.10 for Tetroid.
TC1.37_* contains the TrumpCard firmware version 1.37 which doesn't support FS level 2 but includes SDUMP and PRT drivers.
TC2.18_* contains the Trumpcard firmware version 2.18 with FS level 2 support and ATR device but without SDUMP and PRT. Also this version contains a modified RES_128 command to reset the QL to original state with 128KB and MDV only for compatiblity with some older games working only with a full 128KB. May be need to remove the QubATA driver from memory with WIN_REMOVE command or disable QubATA with jumper on the TDI interface.
AFAK both TC firmwares support only DD (740KB) format only whatever drivers and diskettes used (ED, HD, DD) and ED, HD diskettes should have whole opposite to write protect whole covered.
Also, archives include the QubATA 3.10 REXT version which could be LRESPRed and loaded from any accessible media support.
Regards,
Alain
TC137_TK226_Q310T.zip
(43.01 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
TC218_TK226_Q310T.zip
(43.54 KiB) Downloaded 112 times