QL Emulation in Mess

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
prime
Trump Card

QL Emulation in Mess

Post by prime »

Hi all,

After hacking disk support into Mess a couple of years back, which actually made it mostly usable, though it still doesn't support microdrives :(

I've now (hopefully) fixed the IPC communication code so that making a sound doesn't crash the machine, which makes it more usable. It works well enough that I can play QL Cavern which I couldn't before.

I'll submit the patches on the MAME / MESS development list so they should be in the next point release.

Cheers.

Phill.

prime
Trump Card

Re: QL Emulation in Mess

Post by prime »

And my latest working version has QIMI support so you can use the pointer environment with a mouse :)

Cheers.

Phill.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

prime wrote:And my latest working version has QIMI support so you can use the pointer environment with a mouse :)

Cheers.

Phill.
Great news. I keep meaning to go back to try the MESS QL emulator after the work you've put into it the last couple of years... if only I had the time!

nitrofurano
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by nitrofurano »

after 8 years i think it's not a problem bringing this thread to live back again... xD

i'm actually trying to run QL emulation on mame/mess - it seems to run close to fine from what i expected

in the mame(mess file manager, we find magtape1 (magt1), magtape2 (magt2), and cartridge (cart) - i though that was supposed magt would open .mdv files, but it didn't recognize any from what i tried - i also have no idea which rom files could be tried as cart

i don't know if anyone here have tried ql emulation mame/mess since then

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

nitrofurano wrote:after 8 years i think it's not a problem bringing this thread to live back again... xD

i'm actually trying to run QL emulation on mame/mess - it seems to run close to fine from what i expected

in the mame(mess file manager, we find magtape1 (magt1), magtape2 (magt2), and cartridge (cart) - i though that was supposed magt would open .mdv files, but it didn't recognize any from what i tried - i also have no idea which rom files could be tried as cart

i don't know if anyone here have tried ql emulation mame/mess since then
MDV support is completely missing.

Cart is things like the TK2 rom.

Best is to add a 512K Trump Card then add a floppy disk! (768k trump does not work)