sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: sQLux v1.0 (The Xmas Turkey)

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hey Derek,

Yes, Win10 is dire. Win11 looks to want to be a Mac. But it's still dire! Had a play with it last week.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Well... I had problems with Linux Mint 19.3, so I upgraded to Mint 20.03, but there were so many problems with other applications I had, I thought, I would try Fedora.

I did not like Fedora, it seemed a little slow compared to Mint/Ubuntu.

I tried Windows 10 Pro, I could not believe how bad it has got Windows 7 looks not bad, but Windows 10 rubbish, I suppose I could of replaced the Windows Desktop manager, but a couple of things made the decision to remove Windows, too many Viruses, I would have spend alot of time scanning the system for possible virus or spyware, there looks to be Microsoft adverts in the the system, this looks like a security hole like in Android and finally, I would have to pay a licence fee, do not want run illegal operating systems or pirate software, despite previous as claims of being a software pirate.

WIndows 11 requires new hardware, which I do not want to outlay the money for.

MacOS never used it it looks like Linux, being based on Unix, should be easy to use, but I would have to pay for a licence. I have an old iMac in the garage wanting a DVD drive, but it not worth the effort.

So back to Linux Mint 19.3, so I can run sQLux with no problems.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Thanks to tofro and Ian submitting patches I have released v1.0.4 with keyboard mapping for GB/DE keyboards

It also has the Q68 compatible hires timer on all platforms apart from WIN32 (XP Compatible).

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I downloade v1.04 which compiled okay on Linux Mint 19.3.

I was wondering about the keyboard mapping, so I tried LRESPRing the keyboard lanuage files in Minerva Support disk which work really well.

Just needs the documentation updatrd.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I was wondering about the keyboard mapping, so I tried LRESPRing the keyboard lanuage files in Minerva Support disk which work really well.

You will need to be clearer what documentation you want updated, as the new option is documented in the docs/sqlux.md file!

Exile
ROM Dongle

Post by Exile »

XorA wrote:Thanks to tofro and Ian submitting patches I have released v1.0.4 with keyboard mapping for GB/DE keyboards

It also has the Q68 compatible hires timer on all platforms apart from WIN32 (XP Compatible).
I'm glad I could help in a very small way (I'm Ian :) )

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Exile wrote:
XorA wrote:Thanks to tofro and Ian submitting patches I have released v1.0.4 with keyboard mapping for GB/DE keyboards

I'm glad I could help in a very small way (I'm Ian :) )
Ace, Im glad as its one of those tasks thats been on my TODO for a couple of years, but never quite makes it to top :-D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

You will need to be clearer what documentation you want updated, as the new option is documented in the docs/sqlux.md file!
Hi,

Sorry I must of missed the KBD option.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

For those working from the cutting end of sQLux, I have just added filename translation for qdos-like devices.

It translates any . character to _ characters on the fly.

This is obviously experimental so Im going to let it bake for a while before it appears in any release. But I would appreciate testing. It did survive compiling c68 libc which was what drove me to add it in first place.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

XorA - thank you so much for the effort you are putting into sQLux. I don't use sQLux, but do appreciate the development work you are doing with this.