QemuLator OUTLN with SMSQ_QEM

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
dilwyn
Mr QL

QemuLator OUTLN with SMSQ_QEM

Post by dilwyn »

I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm having a brainstorm and making a silly mistake here (just recevering from flu, so highly likely). If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, it'll save me pestering Daniele Terdina without good reason.

I'm testing a program which fails to work on QemuLator with the SMSQ_QEM (Q60 graphics mode, MODE 33) and running into a problem with OUTLN.

Specifically, although the display is set to DISP_COLOUR 3,1024,768 I can't seem to get OUTLN to set an outline for a window #0 to more than 512x256 in the way I can with QPC for example.

OULN #0,1024,768,0,0 gives an 'out of range' error, while WINDOW #0,1024,768,0,0 locks up the emulator. I tried height of 512 instead of 768 (like a Q60) even though Daniele states it can go up to 1024x768 in mode 33.

How can I set BASIC windows more than 512x256 with it like I can on other emulators?

QemuLator 3.1.4, SMSQ_QEM v3.13

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QemuLator OUTLN with SMSQ_QEM

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Dilwyn,

The Q60 native resolution was 1024x512, maybe that is a problem.

I will have a look at QEMulator and see if I can get this resolved.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Dilwyn,

The Q60 native resolution was 1024x512, maybe that is a problem.

I will have a look at QEMulator and see if I can get this resolved.
Thank you Derek.

It seems that in resolutions of 1024x512 and 1024x768, the best I can do with SBASIC windows is something like OUTLN #0,512,256,0,0 or WINDOW commands within the same area.

Another little QemuLator tip I came across is the use of F11 and F12 keys both of which are trapped (F11=debugger, F12=full screen toggle). If you have a program which needs to use F11 and F12, use Ctrl-Shift-F1 and Ctrl-Shift-F2 respectively, which are not trapped by the emulator in the same way.

BTW, Derek, hasn't your avatar decided to stopbeating up that poor Q60 yet??? :twisted:

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

dilwyn wrote: BTW, Derek, hasn't your avatar decided to stopbeating up that poor Q60 yet??? :twisted:
That is a PC. Definitively.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

tofro wrote:
dilwyn wrote: BTW, Derek, hasn't your avatar decided to stopbeating up that poor Q60 yet??? :twisted:
That is a PC. Definitively.
That much punching must be an Apple surely :-D

Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

All of you are wrong. He isn't beating the computer but the monitor.
It just doesn't show what it should.
About the computer: if the monitor is such a problem then it really might be a Q60 or even an aurora.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

The computer is suppose to be a PC... with Windowing system that seems to do things on its own.

The Avatar is still running, checked with Firefox and Chrome, all seem to display the animation, must be your browser not working or incorrectly setup.

The Q60, Aurora always worked fine, no problems.

I have a Windows 10 PC, Core 3Ghz i7, 6Gb DDR ram, 250Gb hard drive with 2Tb Raid Storage, which does look and feel rubbish. I am going to migrate it to Linux, at least the system will run more efficient.

Strangely the PC was running Windows 7, quite well, but it updated to Windows 10. Whata Mistaka to make...

Also, I tried to copy a eprom rom image file from Windows 10 PC to USB floppy disk, but the Windows 10 OS did not recognise the disk and wanted to format it.

I copied the rom image to a networked Windows 7 PC, which is used for scanning, which the same USB drive and disk copied the file OK.

The disk was put into an Amstrad PC with a HILO Systems All03a EProm Programmer runing under MSDOS.

Everything seems to work except the Windows 10 PC, though I has use the Microsoft drivers, maybe the Windows 7 Floppy disk drivers could be forced into the Windows 10 system. All easy to do, but the OS does not like it.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Paul wrote:All of you are wrong. He isn't beating the computer but the monitor.
It just doesn't show what it should.
About the computer: if the monitor is such a problem then it really might be a Q60 or even an aurora.
Maybe, whatever the computer is, Derek is also having problems with his OUTLN like me...

(read into that whatever you will...)

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

Hmm, on the Qemulator page, 1024x768 is stated...?!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

If you look at the webpage:

http://www.terdina.net/ql/software.html

At the bottom in the SMSQ/E section there are 2 files that allow Q60 and Aurora emulation.

In Q60 mode, both 1024x512 and 1024x768 work.

Regards,

Derek