QPC2 on Second Screen

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QPC2 on Second Screen

Post by tofro »

dilwyn wrote:Yes, seems to work after that hint, but highlights another very minor issue. When QPC2 comes out of being minimised after sleep, the flashing text cursor flashes much faster than normal.
That I have as well, but the irritant cursor flashing doesn't seem limited to Windows 10 - It happens on Win 7 as well.

I suspect the QL wants to "catch up" with a large amount of missed timer interrupts.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

When I 'upgraded' from a Windows XP PC, to a new windows 10 PC about a year ago. I was getting weird, similar sounding problems with QPC2 after the PC's screen saver came on.

I'm pretty sure it was screwing up with QPC2 V3.xx, not sure about QPC2 V4.xx. In the end I just switched the screen saver off. (I don't ever use Sleep or Hibernate modes)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

tofro wrote:
dilwyn wrote:Yes, seems to work after that hint, but highlights another very minor issue. When QPC2 comes out of being minimised after sleep, the flashing text cursor flashes much faster than normal.
That I have as well, but the irritant cursor flashing doesn't seem limited to Windows 10 - It happens on Win 7 as well.

I suspect the QL wants to "catch up" with a large amount of missed timer interrupts.

Tobias
I see. That would explain why it goes away after a while (caught up?).

I have never seen it happen on my Windows 7 desktop PC, but I think Hibernate is disabled on that.