ByteDelight

Please post user feedback when you buy or sell.
Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

ByteDelight

Post by Doug »

Anyone ordered stuff from this seller, on sellmyretro?

Seems to be popular, I believe they are responsible for a popular Spectrum add-on ('divmmc-enjoy!')

Ordered double floppy drive ten days ago, paid immediately, have heard nothing! Emailed after 7 days, no response as yet. I am hoping they are just busy and just haven't gotten round to updating me with the dispatch details...

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: ByteDelight

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I bought a divmmc interface directly from them and the order went through smoothly. This was just a few weeks ago. I can't tell you more than that, other than I had no issues with them so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

ByteDelight is the trading name of Ben Versteeg

He has been rather busy of late fitting in building hardware with a fairly major revamp on his house. He is normally very reliable but I know he had some issues accessing the site today due to a DNS routing problem somewhere between the Netherlands (where he is located) and the UK (where the sellmyretro server is located).

Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Doug »

Thanks both, good to know! I figured it was probably just a case of them being busy with something. Got the dispatch confirmation this morning, so all good now!

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Great news. You're going to love it. :)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Doug wrote:Anyone ordered stuff from this seller, on sellmyretro?

Seems to be popular, I believe they are responsible for a popular Spectrum add-on ('divmmc-enjoy!')

Ordered double floppy drive ten days ago, paid immediately, have heard nothing! Emailed after 7 days, no response as yet. I am hoping they are just busy and just haven't gotten round to updating me with the dispatch details...
yes BEN was really busy recently on making his new LOFT ;)

Is not so fast on replying e-mail, I have to admit, but is very professional and works well (and all with his hands!).

Doug
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Doug »

Just to confirm I've got the drive now, and it is brilliant (dare I say 'delightful') so it was worth the wait! Well packed, seems well made, worked straight out of the box, smooth, understated drive noises...

I didn't want to use my old drive on new disks, in case it scratched them up, so this new one will just be used for new stuff like Rich's box sets, which I have a couple of.

I can finally take QL Vroom for a spin without worrying about the disk only lasting a few races!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Doug wrote:Just to confirm I've got the drive now, and it is brilliant (dare I say 'delightful') so it was worth the wait! Well packed, seems well made, worked straight out of the box, smooth, understated drive noises...

I didn't want to use my old drive on new disks, in case it scratched them up, so this new one will just be used for new stuff like Rich's box sets, which I have a couple of.

I can finally take QL Vroom for a spin without worrying about the disk only lasting a few races!
Great work! :D