QL Is 30

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QL Is 30

Post by dilwyn »

Mr Navigator, here is a slightly tongue in cheek version of a well known QL-resemblant clothing logo for you to work from :twisted:
tommyqluser.jpg
(all rights acknowledged!)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:Would love to have suggestions of other venues as I am not certain that Snibston is the best venue - especially as they seem to lack a small room in which to hold intimate talks and the Quanta AGM (maybe the AGM could be in the pub afterwards?)

It's not so much as just wanting Quanta's money for the event - if anything it should ideally be cost neutral (by selling tickets) - I am just not certain how much time the Quanta committee will have to sorting out a venue / speakers / tables / etc... so a privatised event probably makes more sense.
I always hoped we would have more than one venue to choose from - suggestions please everyone.

I know it wasn't about Quanta's money, I was only joking about that.

It would be nice to have as many as possible involved with it - committee, Rich, speakers, help to setup, material for a QL exhbition (I can resurrect the QL History exhibition if required, Urs persuaded me to save it on CD).

As for Quanta AGM, we could probably cordon off an area with screens for that, for example, if they haven't a suitable room, but they do have exhibition type stands etc. But I would hope someone would come up with a choice of venue.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

dilwyn wrote:Mr Navigator, here is a slightly tongue in cheek version of a well known QL-resemblant clothing logo for you to work from :twisted:
tommyqluser.jpg
(all rights acknowledged!)
Go figure :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
JonB
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonB »

Hi Dilwyn

As a frequent reader of The Register, I can tell you that they have written quite detailed articles about various machines that recently celebrated a 30th birthday. You could do a lot worse than contacting them. They are bound to want to produce an article about it, and of course they will need an authoritative source of information (that's you, in my humble opinion) plus some hardware to take pictures of. Also info about its current following.

The site is www.theregister.co.uk (I'm sure you already knew that)..

Cheers

JonB

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

JonB wrote:Hi Dilwyn

As a frequent reader of The Register, I can tell you that they have written quite detailed articles about various machines that recently celebrated a 30th birthday. You could do a lot worse than contacting them. They are bound to want to produce an article about it, and of course they will need an authoritative source of information (that's you, in my humble opinion) plus some hardware to take pictures of. Also info about its current following.

The site is http://www.theregister.co.uk (I'm sure you already knew that)..

Cheers

JonB
Couldn't find a Contact Us within 10 seconds of looking, so I gave up.

Seriously though, I have too much on my plate to do the contacting and liaising, but if anyone else wants to do that part, I'd be happy to provide the info and pointers to other sources of information if you point them in my direction.

twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

Erm... http://www.theregister.co.uk/about/company/contact/ (The link is bottom left)

Either send an email to tony.smith@theregister.co.uk (Hardware Editor) or email the generic news team news@theregister.co.uk

Tim
[A reader of The Register, including BOFH]

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

twellys wrote:Erm... http://www.theregister.co.uk/about/company/contact/ (The link is bottom left)

Either send an email to tony.smith@theregister.co.uk (Hardware Editor) or email the generic news team news@theregister.co.uk

Tim
[A reader of The Register, including BOFH]
Thanks. Now that's what I call EXCEPTIONALLY well hidden. To get to contact them, you have to go to Send Us News Tips in small print bottom left. As I said, took me much longer than 10 seconds to find it.

Seriously though I just have too much on my plate at the moment.

I would suggest that everyone on this Forum contacts them to suggest articles about the 30 years, if all 170 of us do this, they might just...