Delay

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Delay

Post by Mr_Navigator »

I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this but loading up the QL Forum from a variety of machines home or work there is a noticeable delay compared to other websites.

Is this just me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Delay

Post by Dave »

No, I get the delay too. Usually, it's 7-10 seconds to begin loading the page, but then it loads quickly.

It's like the web server's fine, but the database is backlogged.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I've noticed it once or twice but not all the time. I'll look into it, someone might have nudged a rampack. :geek:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Mr_Navigator wrote:I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this but loading up the QL Forum from a variety of machines home or work there is a noticeable delay compared to other websites.
Is this just me?
I find it's usually the home page, other pages load normally.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

vanpeebles wrote:I've noticed it once or twice but not all the time. I'll look into it, someone might have nudged a rampack. :geek:
Well, Sinclair once reckoned a ZX80 could run a power station. So QL Forum is on a ZX80 with 16K ram pack is it? :twisted:

robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

I've raised the speed issues with our host, and they are looking into it.
Sadly I've not been able to replicate the delay at home or at work. But the web host is also my ISP, so it's not really a fair test!

If it is just the main page that is slow to load, it could be Google Analytics causing the issue, as the main page pulls in some code from Google.

The forum needs some maintenance anyway, I'll get the software upgraded this weekend and temporarily remove the Google Analytics code, lets hope we can find the cause!

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?