Help needed!!!

A place to discuss general QL issues.
nagual
ROM Dongle

Help needed!!!

Post by nagual »

This is not a QL subject, but i really need help from our hardware guru's Nasta or Derek :D

So, I have to find for my company something called ESD Oven and ESD Vacuum Machine - I even don't know what is this (especially ESD Oven) , I have some ideas, but...
I'm total noob for this area and any direction like manufacturer, or explanation what I have to search/look will be more then welcome!

Than ks in advance for any help !

Ruptor
Gold Card

Re: Help needed!!!

Post by Ruptor »

nagual wrote:So, I have to find for my company something called ESD Oven and ESD Vacuum Machine - I even don't know what is this (especially ESD Oven) , I have some ideas,
If ESD is electro static discharge then
https://amactechnologies.com/esd-vacuum ... -machines/

nagual
ROM Dongle

Post by nagual »

Thanks Ruptor, things are a little clearer now :D
In the meantime, I contacted Nasta, so I'm waiting for his answer :D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

What is the purpose you require this type of equipment.

Regards,

Derek
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Vacuum production is a level of production where you really need to get professional help for the purchase decision and the install. It's not simple kit and the set-up requires a lot of tuning. The ESD safe part just comes along free for the ride with this type of equipment.

Asking random people on the internet is not the best way to go about this.

Unless you're making hardware in the medical/aviation/space area, you likely do not need vacuum and can just follow the standard ESD precautions.

nagual
ROM Dongle

Post by nagual »

As I said, I'm totally noob for this stuff so I really appreciate Dave for giving me a good guidance and point of view how to try to solve problem.
I actually think we need a vacuum machine just for protecting baking components....but I'm not sure :)

And for me, forum members are not some random strangers, Nasta is my a longtime friend and most of fellow member I met on some of QL meetings while I was still able to visit them:-)

So, thank you Dave (and other members, of course!) to pointing me to the right direction :-)

Cheers!