What are these?

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

What are these?

Post by dilwyn »

Found these in my QL "junk box". I thought they were QL feet at first, but they don't fit a UK QL at least, they seem to have clip-in fastening rather than the push fit rings of the UK QL ones. Wonder if they could be for Samsung QLs, as I know some QLs had different fittings for the plastic feet?

The brown residue on them is brown parcel tape adhesive, which should clean easily enough. If they are any use to anyone, you are welcome to them.
feet.jpg

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: What are these?

Post by Chr$ »

Yes, they're for Samsung QL's.

I could make use of them as I have at least one Samsung QL sans feet, which is a bit annoying (esp as the other feet don't fit).

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote:Yes, they're for Samsung QL's.

I could make use of them as I have at least one Samsung QL sans feet, which is a bit annoying (esp as the other feet don't fit).
OK, PM me the address to send them to, I'll send them once I've figured out any customs paperwork if sending to Germany.

I only have two of the feet - don't know if the Samsung QLs had two or three feet.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Oh, those aren't air vents...I actually have my feet somewhere but have never used them. Don't need the QL to be even higher off the table :-)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Can confirm this is the style of feet issued with German and US QLs. They positively attach and don't fall off.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Yup...I have two of them for my US QL...never used them though.