QL Service Manual

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QL Service Manual

Post by dilwyn »

Thanks for offering Derek.

I was able to create an editable Word document from the original PDF, although it took some time to reformat the layout afterwards.

Using Calibre, I was able to convert to various eBook formats (.mobi, .epub and .azw3). What didn't work very well was creating an HTML file which I could have offered to Urs as an updated document for his 'online' version. I tried saving as 'filtered html' from Word, but it was still a huge file, and didn't look very good in a browser.

Also, the Word document I made is a massive 25MB in size. The eBooks and PDF all came out at a reasonable size - I suspect the scanned images in the document are uncompressed, maybe?

If you have the capability to do a smaller Word document without sacrificing quality too much, that would be great.

I'd really appreciate if someone could go through my revision and compare against the paper version (or maybe against Klaus Frank's scanned non-OCR version on my site, which should be faithful to the original) to check for any more uncorrected OCR errors.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

HI Dilwyn,

I will check the scanned Service Manual against my official Service Manual, with the black covers.

The non-black covered service manuals are copies.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Thank you Derek.

As long as the content is the same in both versions.

Can't remember where I bought mine from, all those years ago.

Team Andromeda QL
ROM Dongle

Post by Team Andromeda QL »

The QL manual is like a book from Arthur C Clark; It's almost God-like and so full of information explained scientifically LOL