700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

A place to discuss general QL issues.
grafvonb
Bent Pin Expansion Port

700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Post by grafvonb »

It is hard to believe but it's true :shock: -> https://www.ebay.de/i/224043861782

I am disgusted... our QL community will not grow anymore with such price trends...

Loving QL & ZX Spectrum & Amiga...
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: 700 Euros for a boxed QL \o/

Post by tofro »

Well....

A price is a price only if it's being sold. For now, this is just a very ridiculous number.

Generally you're right, retro machines (not just the QL) are being sold at much higher prices than some years ago.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

That is indeed very ambitious and I have a feeling it will either be available for a long time or the seller will have to come down on price. Also it's fairly scruffy in places (which is generally normal) and is the most common, i.e a UK version (not sure on serial/pcb issue). I said before in another topic - £250 to £300 is probably about the realistic average for a boxed UK BBQL and anyone that wants one and has a little patience should be able to get one for about that amount.

One did appear to sell for £400+ recently, but you never really can be sure about genuine sales prices on eBay, better to take an average over a few sales. Everything is only worth what someone is willing to actually pay for it.

Edit: Just seen it's a D15 so probably a fairly late one (issue 5? who knows). Shame it's not the Italian version - but even for the Italian version 700 is probably also too much given the niche interest!

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
lrennzo
ROM Dongle

Post by lrennzo »

Haha, yes, the hilarious Italian guy. Incredible :-D

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think the decimal point is in the wrong place, I would of thought 70-100 pounds/dollars or euros is too much...

Regards,

Derek
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

That QL seems to have some video issues. They've been going for around $250 to $350 on eBay here in the US.

BTW, I think the QL community may also grow by people who already own one and rediscovering it.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

bwinkel67 wrote:That QL seems to have some video issues. They've been going for around $250 to $350 on eBay here in the US.

BTW, I think the QL community may also grow by people who already own one and rediscovering it.
Boxed ones in the US? That would be pretty good value, US Samsung versions must be pretty hard to find I'd have thought (even harder than the German Samsung model), but there are probably very few QLers in the USA so less demand (and prohibitive postal/customs costs to elsewhere).

The video issues are likely to just be the modern TV struggling with the RF output.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
grafvonb
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by grafvonb »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I think the decimal point is in the wrong place, I would of thought 70-100 pounds/dollars or euros is too much...
I own 8 QLs, but the latest three I bought for over 150 euros... but never for over 200. I think this is the price range (should be as max) when you will buy one nowadays.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

grafvonb wrote: I own 8 QLs, ....
No wonder prices go up if you've been emptying the market :D

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
grafvonb
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by grafvonb »

tofro wrote:
grafvonb wrote: I own 8 QLs, ....
No wonder prices go up if you've been emptying the market :D
Heh, good point. It's simply love :D and it might be good to ask here how many QLs do we own if we know that just 150k were produced.

However I'm still looking for a French, Danish, Greek or Finnish version :lol:...
Last edited by grafvonb on Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.