Productivity in the QL

A place to discuss general QL issues.
badaman
Over Heated PSU

Re: Productivity in the QL

Post by badaman »

qbits wrote:Planner Notes only have a Text Editor test response, I’m presently reviewing my SuperBASIC Line Editor to expand it as a multi-line Text Editor!
Recently we talked about text editing in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3163&start=10#p32095

Maybe it can be useful.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

badaman wrote:Maybe it can be useful.
Of course, in principle you can use TTs editor completely for every note you want to write. Its quite simple, just edit the line length, the amount of lines and use a suitable window. When I first used this editor, I added the standard keystrokes for left, right, line up, line down, delete, as TT has used a few hmm "personal" keys for that :) . I have kept my first "RR" customized versions, so if QBits like, I can upload these.

TTs editor also has an option to save the text. I would find it needful to save all the Planner's content, one would not like to put it all again into it... ;)

Good idea :)

4E75 7000
qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

The weekend weather cold, wet, blustery, hailstone and some snow. Encourages one to stay in and with time on my hands a little QL Tinkering.

Pulling the various bits of QBITS Organiser code together this is a Work In Process.
Appointments 80% +Text Editor 80%
Banking 5% Transactions/Calculator
Calendar 80% Possible Problem using SDATE
Diary 80% + Text editor 80%
Mail 5% Name List/email/mobile-Home-Office/ Address- Post Code
Planner 80% + Text Editor 80%
SetUp 5% Default Storage Device New/load/Save /Auto BackUp

QBITS Organiser Schedule of Priorities – (1) SetUp (2) Mail (3) Banking

Note: Check Line 157 gx,gy values for BBQL or QPC2
Contents - use pointer with up/down cursors or key in 1 to 7 or ABCDMPSQ and then spacebar. Changing Dates Day/Month/Year key <Enter> and use < > and cursor keys.
The colour codes for the Planner 1 to 8 if you key zero it will reset colour to blank (ie. White)

Test01 Proc checks out the Diary and Planner features go to Diary and change date to 1st Jan 2020 then check out the Planner. Test02 Proc simulates possible Banking entries. As an added bit of fun I include my WorkInProgress Proc!

Ops! A few code typos ‘ch’ s’be ‘ch%’.

The use of SDATE to set the QL Clock and identify DAY$ of the week for a particular year. QPC2 appears to reset itself after an SDATE use but my QL2K emulator requires a hard reset this may also be a problem with BBQL’s. My solution – take clk$=DATE$ from Init_Date line 182 and move to line 117 this appears to overcome the problem with the QL2K emulator.

All done in the edited uploaded Prog!

QBITS
Attachments
QBOrganiser_v02Mar.zip
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
QBITS Organiser 03.jpg

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Been a bit confused how to move through the planner... Cursor keys do not work.

BTW: Nice underline cursor for the notes. Perhaps word left/right would be a good idea and cutting leading/trailing spaces.

4E75 7000
qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

To move through the Planner dates hit enter you will see the < Day > and left Month right cursors highlighted use these to change the current date. Hit enter and return to Planner. Now entering 1 – 8 the chosen colour is shown in the representative [day/ month] of the planner and the larger block next to Planner Notes.

Keying (N) allows editing entry of Notes. This can also be edited under the corresponding Diary entry.
[Ctrl 1 to 8] allow editing of the event labels. An active edit of the event labels or Notes shows a red underscore to current position in string.

Hope this helps

QBITS
Attachments
Planner.jpg