Productivity in the QL

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Re: Productivity in the QL

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

badaman wrote:
Giorgio Garabello wrote:I use QPC2 for my accounting using programs written by me that rely on different databases.
I have looked at your website and I have seen things I did not know. Very interesting.

Thank you!

I have never published the programs that I use in my work I don't think they are interesting

Giorgio

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
badaman wrote:To open the round, I tell you my concern these days. In my QL I would like to have something similar to a wiki with searches, where to store notes that could connect to each other through links, such as the Tomboy or Gnote applications. If this application could also manage a calendar to include events, which are nothing more than notes associated with a date, it would be a great excuse to return the QL to my desk.
Hi,

I been thinking about this problem of having notes attached a calendar, most the modern applications like detailed above work in GUI environment.

Would you be using the QL Extended Environment and some like Qpac2, Prowess or QDT?

Or would a simple calendar with a note facility built-in be okay.
Well, my idea, -which I don't think I will do soon-, was aimed at having a basic application for a BBQL that consumed the least possible resources, but I understand that today this is not realistic, and that if one wants to be productive, one must having at least a memory extension, so i would not be inconvenient to use PE, but I have no experience programming in PE.

On the other hand, in a graphic environment it may not be so important to join the events of a calendar with the notes of a wiki, so it could be perfectly two different applications, but in case you want to join them, it does not seem that this was to assume A problem, if the calendar is able to read the format of the notes or link them. Both applications should be independent and can be used one or the other, not necessarily at the same time.

I think the idea should still mature, and it would be great if we could talk about it. Maybe something good comes out of it.

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

Giorgio Garabello wrote:I have never published the programs that I use in my work I don't think they are interesting

Giorgio
Well, it's never too late if it's for good. If those programs are useful for you, maybe they can be useful for another ... On the other hand, do not feel obligated.

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

badaman – interesting thoughts!

I have to admit my BBQL’s are laying unused because the Monitor I use died a few years back and hasn’t been replaced.
I use QL2K and QPC2 emulators mostly out of interest in writing QL SuperBASIC progs.
The one shown below is the graphics code I'd writen for an Organiser I’d started back in 1992.

QBITS
Attachments
QBOrganiser.jpg
Last edited by qbits on Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I just love your stuff 8-)

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

Qbits, that looks great!

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

qbits wrote:badaman – interesting thoughts!

I have to admit my BBQL’s are laying unused because the Monitor I use died a few years back and hasn’t been replaced.
I use QL2K and QPC2 emulators mostly out of interest in writing QL SuperBASIC progs.
The one shown below is the graphics code I'd writen for an Organiser I’d started back in 1992.

QBITS
The software looks great, and is very close to the idea I was proposing: an application that allows a productive use of QL. Is QBITS Organizer free software? Is it available for download? What memory requirements does the program need?

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

QBITS
Badaman – the shown snap shots are of the Organiser – 1992. The code written was just the window generated screens of proposed activities. It’s still requires the relative code for the individual activities. I am quite enthused to pursue this as a SuperBASIC project if of any interest to others and will be free for all to use.

Reviewing my 1992 code it would seem I was exploring the use of Buttons for activating with a mouse. At this point any examples of SuperBASIC code using the pointer environment from my contemporaries would be helpful in pursuing this direction.

Button (chk, ch, wide,deep,xord,yord,con$) chk - check, ch- channel, ………, con$ - String$ ie ‘Edit’

QBITS

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

qbits wrote:QBITS
Badaman – the shown snap shots are of the Organiser – 1992. The code written was just the window generated screens of proposed activities. It’s still requires the relative code for the individual activities. I am quite enthused to pursue this as a SuperBASIC project if of any interest to others and will be free for all to use.
QBITS
I understand I would find it interesting to have this software in my BBQL. I hope others are encouraged and also find it interesting, because there is a lot of hard work to do yet.

Keep me in mind for testing and for the translation into Spanish if the project progresses.

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

qbits wrote:Reviewing my 1992 code it would seem I was exploring the use of Buttons for activating with a mouse. At this point any examples of SuperBASIC code using the pointer environment from my contemporaries would be helpful in pursuing this direction.

Button (chk, ch, wide,deep,xord,yord,con$) chk - check, ch- channel, ………, con$ - String$ ie ‘Edit’
If easyptr is to hard for you (QPTR more harder), you may try the little toolkit, which QLiberator uses. MK has dissassembled that for me, with a little SB demo program. If interested, I can upload it in the "decompiler" thread.

4E75 7000