Sad news

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Sad news

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

Guido Masoero, manager of the Italian SPEM company that has made several hardware for the QL has passed away.
he was 76 years old :-(

I remember the afternoon after his shop with him talking about QL for hours ... even though he hasn't been an active member of the QL community for many years, we were still in touch with him and followed our work.

Today is a sad day for us in the Italian world QL

RalfR
Aurora

Re: Sad news

Post by RalfR »

Giorgio Garabello wrote:Guido Masoero, manager of the Italian SPEM company that has made several hardware for the QL has passed away.
he was 76 years old :-(

I remember the afternoon after his shop with him talking about QL for hours ... even though he hasn't been an active member of the QL community for many years, we were still in touch with him and followed our work.

Today is a sad day for us in the Italian world QL
I remember him, performing the SPEM digitizer in Eindhoven. Very sad news.

4E75 7000
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Sad news, RIP :(

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

RIP

I remember SPEM

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I installed many hundreds of SPEM internal memory expansions. Never met the man behind it.

RIP Guido.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

I've just discovered (in among some recently acquired floppies) a version of the SPEM digitiser software (Look&Show) that also includes a few more sample screens than the version available on Dilwyn's site. There are pictures of Barbara Masoero and Cinzia Masoero, and now I know that the SPEM manager was called Masoero, I assume these are of his daughter (or niece?) and his wife? These is also one called 'Bimbe' (girls), more likely to be his daughters perhaps.

I would share them here, but you know, data protection and all that and even though they are 30+ years old and in 'QL display quality', the people they show might not want to be shown!

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.