Winter QL'ing

A place to discuss general QL issues.
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Winter QL'ing

Post by vanpeebles »

Well the dark nights are upon us, winter is here and the Christmas holidays are fast approaching(The forum even has the decorations up :lol:) What are your QL plans for the winter and holidays?

I'll be hoping to get my game design done on paper to start using ACT and probably play some games over the hols.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Winter QL'ing

Post by Dave »

I will be using some of the break time to hopefully finish the gold card battery adaptors, and to work on my prototype new backplane with ATX power control.

I'll also be playing with my new quad-core mac laptop. :) One of the first apps I'd like to put on it would be Q-Emulator. Any chance of a Christmas sale, Daniele? ;)

Finally, I'll be trying to reverse-engineer the logic in the QubIDE card, as I have an idea...

nichtsnutz
ROM Dongle

Post by nichtsnutz »

Hello all,

I hope to be able to finisch my selfmade 512K SRAM memory expansion.I am also interested in
a selfmade QubIDE interface,I think the software side will be the hard part.I do not know
if modern CF cards or IDE drives will work without trouble.I have already all parts,although I will
replace the 74HC688 and the two gals with a xilinx cpld.
@Dave: The logic of the GALs of the QubIDE is available in source code,another member had posted them in another thread.Schematics are also available.Or have I missed something ?

Greetings,
Vassilis

thorsinclair
Trump Card

Post by thorsinclair »

Hi,

there is a lot of information about the QubIDE here: http://omega.webnode.com/products/product-1/

Cheers,
T

nichtsnutz
ROM Dongle

Post by nichtsnutz »

Hello,

thank you for the link,I have also found the old thread in the hardware section: "GALs for the QubIDE".
The user twellys had given the same link.The people there have made already so much for a new QubIDE.But it is very time and money consuming to bring a project like this to an end.
On dilwyns site there is also the source code for the firmware.

Greetings,
Vassilis