Jan Jones Book

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Jan Jones Book

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Although I own a copy of the paper reprint by QUANTA book, 'QL SuperBASIC, the definitive handbook' to save typing in some of the examples it is more efficient to copy and paste from an electronic version. Now the question has cropped up before on the QL Users list (rather quiet the last few months), but what of the electronic version? there is one here http://www.speccy.org/sinclairql/archivo/docs/books/ quality is not great, but it is there and there is a note at the end of the web page and I quote "Have collaborated in the realization of this preservation project:

- Salvador Merino. Our main partner in the site and the architect of nearly all the scans of the manuals that we put at your disposal today. Without them this would not be collecting anything.

- Afx. That has made the photocopies of the most important book of Jan Jones "QL SuperBASIC The definitive handbook"

- Zerover. For made more of the books in PDF format, including the aforementioned, and a lot of documentation on the web for this collection.

- Jan Jones. By giving permission to put the book at your disposal. Quanta also for its efforts to re-edition of this book."

Its seems that permission has been given for this book to be freely available in PDF format or have I got this wrong, anyone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Jan Jones Book

Post by dilwyn »

As I understood it, Javier Guerra asked Jan Jones for permission to do this and it seems she was happy for it to happen.

IIRC it was scanned as graphics and so quite a large PDF and not searchable. However, if it has changed since then great!

I think that at some stage Malcolm Lear was hoping to scan and OCR the book, but I don't know how far he got.

Dilwyn Jones