Mini US 2018 QLer meetings

A place to discuss general QL issues.
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Mini US 2018 QLer meetings

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:I will see if I can draft up the schematics from the Service Manual and correct any errors relating to the actual PCBs.
There are newly created ones on Dilwyn's site with the note to contact him so he could pass on any corrections. Perhaps that's still possible, I'll check that.

Cheers, Marcel

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

XorA wrote:
vanpeebles wrote:I wonder if some part of Samsung still has information/documents stored away to do with the QL (and Speccies) etc? A compnay of that size must have a vast archive, I wonder who, how or where you would contact?
You better practice your Korean, your going to need it for that investigation :-)
I bet they speak better English than I do :lol:

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

mk79 wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:I will see if I can draft up the schematics from the Service Manual and correct any errors relating to the actual PCBs.
There are newly created ones on Dilwyn's site with the note to contact him so he could pass on any corrections. Perhaps that's still possible, I'll check that.

Cheers, Marcel
Hi Marcel,

The schematics on the QL Hompage come from the Yahoo QLHARDWARE group. The schematics were produced in XCIRCUIT, bur there is no data file only a PDF.

I have downloaded all the files, just wondering how to about save all the messages.

There seems to be no contact with author of the schematics, so I can use them to copy them into KiCAD.

There is no 8301 symbol in KiCAD, so I will create that from the data I have and save to a Github project.
Last edited by Derek_Stewart on Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,

Derek
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Marcel,

The schematics on the QL Hompage come from the Yahoo QLHARDWARE group. The schematics were profuced in XCIRCUIT, bur tgere is no data file only a PDF.
Hi Derek,

that's some detective work, thanks!

I think it would be very cool to have a KiCad QL schematic, but it also sounds like a lot of work! Still, could be cool to route a new board from this, so I really don't want to dissuade you :) But for now I've simply edited the PDF with my change of the data bus, that only took 3 minutes.

Thanks in any case, Marcel