SERNET question

A place to discuss general QL issues.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: SERNET question

Post by pjw »

Artificer wrote:Hi,
If its downloadable from Dilwyn Jones site it's freeware.
Got it, thanks.
I use sernet 2.25 on a Q60 to connect to a Q68 running sernet 3.01mod with no real problems, using Cueshell (also now freeware). Versions of sernet before 2.25 con be problematic I have found.
Yes, I remember the pain of previous versions: Is it the hardware? Is it the cable? Is it the software? Is it me?!!

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

pjw wrote:Thanks Derek. I did search for SERNET on the site, but only the V3 documentation came up: Its part of the SMSQ/E Manual. Also some articles on V2. I couldnt have known that networking was hidden among the toolkits ;)

It appears V3 is a somewhat different beast than V2, so I'll probably start with what I know, ie V2.25, and then try V3 later, after reading the manual.
Hi Per,

There does appear to be any documentation for Sernet 3, so I only used v2.22 which I had working on all SMSQ/E computers.

I will try Sernet 3 over the weekend.

Regards,

Derek
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Derek_Stewart wrote:<>
There does appear to be any documentation for Sernet 3, so I only used v2.22 which I had working on all SMSQ/E computers.

I will try Sernet 3 over the weekend.
As I was saying, when I searched Dilwyn's site I ONLY found the documentation. Its in this document here.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by simon629 »

Hi Goirgio can can always Try these websites
https://qlwiki.qlforum.co.uk/doku.php?id=start
https://badaman.badared.com/ql/planet/
I hope This Helps you Take Care
All the Best Simon Foster

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

pjw wrote:Thanks Derek. I did search for SERNET on the site, but only the V3 documentation came up: Its part of the SMSQ/E Manual. Also some articles on V2. I couldnt have known that networking was hidden among the toolkits ;)

It appears V3 is a somewhat different beast than V2, so I'll probably start with what I know, ie V2.25, and then try V3 later, after reading the manual.
The Google CSE search on my site is a bit useless nowadays, it seems to do everything but what it's supposed to do. I may well remove it.

The other sitelevel search works much better, especially if you change the drop-down to
sitesearch.jpg
Downloads or Documents, depending on what you're searching for.

There are two versions on the page, the first one needs Javascript and seems to work more quickly. The one further down the page doesn't need Javascript and was kindly converted to plain HTML for me by Wolfgang Lenerz.

Another useful hint if you can't find something, and it was uploaded within the dates covered by the site history page is to search that page, as anything added usually has links to its page.

The logc (well, wrong word when it comes to me perhaps) of putting Sernet on the toolkits page was that it's basically a set of BASIC extensions.

I often have difficulty finding things on my own site, so I'm not too surprised if anyone has difficulty! I've been known in the past to put the same thing on more than one page by mistake... :?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

dilwyn wrote: I often have difficulty finding things on my own site, so I'm not too surprised if anyone has difficulty! I've been known in the past to put the same thing on more than one page by mistake... :?
Dilwyn, don't hide your light under a bushel! You're the hero in making that stuff available to everyone by putting it at least somewhere!

Thanks!
Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Dilwyn,

While I might be (a little bit) guilty of signalling, I certainly did not mean to grumble!

Ultimately, its a badge of honnor, that your site has become so massive its hard to find anything ;)

Thanks for doing it: so much, so well, and for so long!

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?