Re: SERNET question

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

What is SERNET?

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
Giorgio Garabello
Gold Card

Post by Giorgio Garabello »

ql_freak wrote:What is SERNET?
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/gen/serial/sernet.html

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Sernet used to be part of the SMSQ/E distribution of the Q40 and Q60 computers and was also offered separately, I think through Jochen Merz.
I have no idea about its current legal status.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

While SERNET worked very well for me back in the day when I had an assortment of hard and soft "QL" platforms, getting it to work initially was traumatic (cables and all that), so Id like to have all my ducks in a row before I start:

Theres some reference to SERNET V3 in the SMSQ/E documentation, but I cant find it anywhere. Does it exist? I have a SERNET_rext V 2.25 and some earlier versions. No reason to think they dont work, but just wanted to make sure I was using the latest before I start messing about..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
bixio60
Brittle Membrane

Post by bixio60 »

pjw wrote:While SERNET worked very well for me back in the day when I had an assortment of hard and soft "QL" platforms, getting it to work initially was traumatic (cables and all that), so Id like to have all my ducks in a row before I start:

Theres some reference to SERNET V3 in the SMSQ/E documentation, but I cant find it anywhere. Does it exist? I have a SERNET_rext V 2.25 and some earlier versions. No reason to think they dont work, but just wanted to make sure I was using the latest before I start messing about..
I have 3.01 that require SMSQ, no idea from where I got it. BTW , still use 2.25.

Fabrizio

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Have you tried looking at Dilwyn's web site, there are 2 zip files with Sernet 218, 2.22, 2.24 and another with 3.01

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/index.html

Regards,

Derek
Artificer
Brittle Membrane

Post by Artificer »

Hi,
If its downloadable from Dilwyn Jones site it's freeware.

I use sernet 2.25 on a Q60 to connect to a Q68 running sernet 3.01mod with no real problems, using Cueshell (also now freeware). Versions of sernet before 2.25 con be problematic I have found.

Cheers

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Thanks Derek. I did search for SERNET on the site, but only the V3 documentation came up: Its part of the SMSQ/E Manual. Also some articles on V2. I couldnt have known that networking was hidden among the toolkits ;)

It appears V3 is a somewhat different beast than V2, so I'll probably start with what I know, ie V2.25, and then try V3 later, after reading the manual.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?