QL items to a good home, preferably pickup (USA)

A place to discuss general QL issues.
aisling42
ROM Dongle

QL items to a good home, preferably pickup (USA)

Post by aisling42 »

“For Sale” Section demands price(s) on things, so I ended up here, as I only want to find a good home for some QL items.

I have two QL systems; one needs to go.

Both are computer (w/ SGC) + 12” Sinclair black monitor + external keyboard + printer. HOWEVER. The second SGC stays here as a spare. (So, to be plain, I am not selling or donating a SGC).

Shipping could be prohibitive. Pickup, USA, would be best, if it will go to a good home. Dave Park, are you still out there? You picked up once before.

It has been a long time since I have had any configuration of the second system on, but it does power on, with the red-white-black showing on the monitor. The cable from keyboard ends up in four wires in the upper right of the case; perhaps there is something off there. I did not get as far as getting a response to the keyboard.

There are some small extras: two modern floppies + ribbon cable modified to work with jumperless floppies (12 & 16 swapped it may be), a power supply for same, and a Brit 240 QL power supply. The printer for the system to depart has a spot of heat damage. I have not tested it, but, otherwise, it looks OK.

BTW, the system to go is an original Black Box. I can rummage around to see if the original CPU is around, even in the Black Box overriden by the SGC. Maybe in a carboard box somewhere. I used to have a GC but I think that went in Dave’s 1st pickup.

Other extras might come to light.

Come to think of it, I would prefer just to find a good home for this stuff as opposed to get commercial.

Doug LaVerne

edit to keep personal details safe: PM Doug for details :)