Digital Precision Limited Software

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Digital Precision Limited Software

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

If all the DP manuals are sent to me, I will convert them to searchable PDF files.

I have a copy of Perfection SE, so can read the file OK.

Regards,

Derek
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Try exporting from Perfection, importing to Quill, save. Open using my QStripper program, make any required adjustments such as italics, change font family, sizes etc, and export as a text searchable pdf?

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

I have examined Rich's problem by myself, printed a part of the SMSQ/E_T91 with QPCprint and the freePDF PDF driver into a PDF and a search was no problem:

I have always understand, that text87 just put microspaces between words, not between characters in a word (which would make no sense to me). This search was done with Acrobat Reader XI. It may depends on the way, the used reader distinguish between a word and a space.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Hi Ralf,

Maybe I should send you the text87 files for the SBASIC/SuperBASIC Reference Manual - as the PDF files definitely do not work - wonder if it would be easier then to convert the PDFs to HTML to overcome the issues with the online version!

Send me a pm with your email as a reminder

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

There have been plenty of suggestions about getting the manual across, but no-one has volunteered to do it yet...

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

If all the DP manuals are sent to me, I will convert them to searchable PDF files.

I think this was an attempt at volunteering, but nothing came to light, so I am looking at converting the Elite 6502 code to M68K assembler, which makes me a little busy now...

Regards,

Derek
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

OK, if someone needs a PDF, simply send it to me. I have The Editor, Perfection and the latest version of text97.
Derek_Stewart wrote:

I think this was an attempt at volunteering, but nothing came to light, so I am looking at converting the Elite 6502 code to M68K assembler, which makes me a little busy now...

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Derek_Stewart wrote:

I've just not found the time to go through all of the folders of DP software to extract all of the manuals... I am sure another preservation team member could do this..... ;)

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Rich,

Unfortunately, I did did not buy the DP Software Package, I have some individual DP Software Titles.

If you want to put the package on some removal media and send it I can do the work.

Regards,

Derek
bisc67
ROM Dongle

Post by bisc67 »

I (Brian Watson) wrote Success. If anyone has an mdv image of it, I'd appreciate a copy. I lost my copy a long time ago.

I'm planning on disassembling and commenting the code. It wasn't very long. Freddy Vaccha likely has a copy of the source. I don't have any contact info for him.

Biscuit.
Ralf R. wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:22 pm Oops...something wrong with the list... :o .

As far as I remember:
  • Solution
    PC Conquerer
    Success CP/M Emulator
    ACT Adventure Creation Tool
    Lightning
    Perfection

all written by Steve Sutton
Ultraprint was written by a chinese boy, I have letters from him (about complaining price vs. program) so I can look. Would be interesting to know, which DP programs were written by Freddy himself.

There is also a version of Eye-Q for the GigaMouse, (Mouse sold by ABC Andreas Budde and DP).