QL Wishlist for 2014

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

QL Wishlist for 2014

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Remember this ? (for forum people who have been here awhile)

Well not so much a wish now. It came today! :)
201.png
201.png (37.17 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
Thoughts and pics of the new SD interface in the QUANTA feb/mar issue

But what else could we wish for this year hmmmnnn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: QL Wishlist for 2014

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Mmmmm... SD card interface - Nice! :) Once the issue is published, would you mind summing up here too for us non-Quanta members?

As for me, I'd still like to see SQlite ported with SuperBASIC extensions. I know it won't happen (and I don't have the C and QDOS/68008 skills needed to make it happen either), but it would make porting over loads of my software so much easier if there were an SQL-based relational database available on the QL. (I know that there are other database systems for the QL, but non are SQL-based, to my knowledge and as such tend to be rather unwieldy)

Maybe a Raspberry Pi distro that booted straight into a QL emulator, no faffing about, would be a nice addition to my current collection of RaspPi operating systems.

Hardware-wise, I am more just interested to see what people come up with, as I just use emulators now and keep my original in a box.

And... a QL mug! The QL seems to be the only mainstream 80s micro not to have its own mug on eBay. For shame :D

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I did have a look at the SQLite3 source code, a wulie back.

SQLite3 uses Unicode in its compilation. I was pondering over, does the QL system needs Unicode. I do not think there is a Unicode Library for C68, so maybe porting SQLite without Unicode would be OK.

This as a while back, I was overtaken by more pressing things, however, since I am not working anymore, maybe I could look at this again.

Derek

Regards,

Derek
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Sparrowhawk wrote:Mmmmm... SD card interface - Nice! :) Once the issue is published, would you mind summing up here too for us non-Quanta members?
Sure, absolutely, however I may not have it set-up until I get my set-up unpacked

Code: Select all

Maybe a Raspberry Pi distro that booted straight into a QL emulator, no faffing about, would be a nice addition to my current collection of RaspPi operating systems.
This is on my ever list of things to complete, I say complete rather than do as I am already halfway there, moving is taking its toll at the mo :(
Hardware-wise, I am more just interested to see what people come up with, as I just use emulators now and keep my original in a box.

Both for me
And... a QL mug! The QL seems to be the only mainstream 80s micro not to have its own mug on eBay. For shame :D
Mug, QL mug - pic please

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

That first image is interesting, as it shows the QL-SD in the left hand microdrive slot... I wonder if the right hand slot still works, because it seems you need to add a wire link if you remove mdv1 !!

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

RWAP wrote:That first image is interesting, as it shows the QL-SD in the left hand microdrive slot... I wonder if the right hand slot still works, because it seems you need to add a wire link if you remove mdv1 !!
Ah that was from a wishlist in 2011 where I did some gigury pokery with Photoshop

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Derek_Stewart wrote:since I am not working anymore, maybe I could look at this again.
That would be great if you were able to do so. Count me in as a system tester if you like.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
Silvester
Gold Card

Post by Silvester »

Just finished learning Python (on Ubuntu laptop, to have a programming language to use on it). One of the things it covered was using SQLite, I thought wouldn't this be great on the QL... This is definitely on my wish list also (along with TCP/IP access like Python).

David