QL Games

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
qbits
Trump Card

Re: QL Games

Post by qbits »

Hi,
QL World provided the opportunity to explore a lot of software. I started with Luner Lander which I think had some specific BBQL machine code. As for SuperBASIC one I liked was Duel by R.Kingslake and then there was Qthello by Richard Green. Early progs such as Golf prompted me to write my own and likewise, I was inspired to create a maze adventure.

QBITS
[Expand Your Horizons with QL SuperBASIC] QL Tinkering [..28] QBITSProgs 2023 Review :Download:
Attachments
Games.jpg
Duel &Qthello.zip
(5.25 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

badaman
Over Heated PSU

Post by badaman »

Thinking about the regular user of QL machines, I think that what might interest them most is, precisely, a system for creating games. Something similar to a framework that allows you to build your own games. They already exist for creating text adventures, and it would be interesting to see something like this for creating platform games, for example.

aalea
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by aalea »

In my opinión, two interesting things for future games in the QL will be AGD and CAAD, this compiler/framework/engines has been used to provide high quality games for several platforms and if we got a versión for QL will got instantanely a lot of games a warranty of future ones.

RichardCGH
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by RichardCGH »

I see I am mentioned in this thread.

Games creation engines on a PD disk ? - sorry no clue, too long ago.

What games are popular on the QL ? Erm not a lot.
What did I enjoy back in the day - well : D-Day MKII as improved by Rich Mellor ; Text adventures ; Voyage of the Beano (illus text adventure) ;
Innovative game design : Return to Eden (IIRC you played three characters exploring some sort of environment ?

What would like to see : strategy games; a simple civilization type game ; hex based wargame ; illustrated text adventures
What would not interest me : anything involving real time joystick waggling - RSI objects.

Target machine : not the BBQL 128K - too limited BUT it's the lowest common denominator, above that and you might encounter compatibility problems.

Jbizzel
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by Jbizzel »

SIM city would be a good one.

And beyond it, the deep blue air, that shows
Nothing, and is nowhere, and is endless.

https://jbizzel.itch.io/