ql+ prototype rebuild ? possible

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: ql+ prototype rebuild ? possible

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I accidentally omitted a page - new zip uploaded above (old page 7 becomes page 8)
Last edited by Sparrowhawk on Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

I remember reading, in Computer Weekly I think --- one of the business newspapers anyway --- that Clive Sinclair had succeeded with this wafer technology where the likes of IBM had failed. If I remember correctly, the chap from IBM ended up working for Sinclair at the time.

Also, if I remember, this was a setup where the whole silicon wafer would be tested and any faulty "chips" would be locked out of the finished circuit, and the rest could all talk to each other and share the load across many processors.

As I said, if I remember corectly! ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

@ sparrowhawk ,

Thank you !!

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

You’re very welcome.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Progress so far ,

keyboard has been cut to size , test-fit looks good .

finally found a superglue which would stick and cure on this 3d material .
Naamloos-2.jpg
IMG_5700.JPG
Naamloos-1kopie.jpg

Now to find the correct color for the bottom , red/orange or red ?

Anyone got a good idea for the filler to use on plastic

btw , case has been printed by a professional print shop - not the one from the quote !! - ( own brew would not have had this good surface quality ) .

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

And some slow progress ;
m_IMG_5729.jpg
m_IMG_5730.jpg

the order of assembly is not very clear untill you notice you can not access the space to place the keyboard , so apart the parts had to get ...................

Now to make the decision to add a membrane to the keyboard , as that is impossible after full assembly.

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

So , i decided to add a membrane for future use ( if i get all info to include a pi4 emulating a ql )

It already looks a bit better , but what a problems to find glue which can work on this 3d printed plastic ( i had to start all over al least 3 times ) .

And now the search for a good filler , as this is very needed on the seams and does need to be not too hard .

m_IMG_5749.jpg
Last edited by techy on Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Looks great, so far. Definite thumbs up.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

starts to look like it should ,

still much sanding needed , some filler too ( still to find out what to use ) ,
dome is way too small i know ( a bigger one is ordered ).
Base needs to be painted but run out of red .................

m_IMG_5752.jpg

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

more progress , and a new build

m_IMG_5768.jpg
m_IMG_5767.jpg
m_IMG_5766.jpg