Free stuff

Sell your QL items here!
Forgetful
ROM Dongle

Free stuff

Post by Forgetful »

I need to make some space so I’m thinning out my collection. I’ve no time to put this stuff on ebay, so I want to give it away free to someone who can collect it from me in the UK. I’m in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. I’m still keeping my ‘main’ QL (and hope to add a QIMSI to it at some stage) so I’ll continue to lurk on the forum. The items are:

One QL. Worked when last tested. JM ROM. Case in decent condition. The microdrives are untested. The RGB output worked when last tested.

Comes with: Original PSU (believed working), some microdrives, untested; AV cable; two plastic ‘feet’; a Hermes manual (it’s possible the machine has the Hermes chip installed, but best assume not). All of this comes in the original box and polys, a little worn, but not too bad.

ICE ROM (working when last used), in original packing with microdrive (untested) and manual.

Magazines:
QL User: Oct. 1984 to Dec. 1985.
QL World: all of July 1985 to May 1994 (including the first ever issue, vol. 1, no. 1, still in its plastic wrapper. This must belong in a museum!).
QL SUB (Super User Bureau), issues 1-4 and catalogue.

Books:
QL Technical Guide, in its original plastic box.
Dickens, QL Advanced User Guide.
Pennell, The Sinclair QDOS Companion.
Opie, QL Assembly Language Programming.
Metacomco, Assembler Development Kit manual.

I’m afraid I won’t be able to split this material up: I need someone to take it all! Paul

stephen_usher
Gold Card

Re: Free stuff

Post by stephen_usher »

I can collect this if you wish, but at east not until next weekend as I'm having to go down to Cornwall this week to start getting my Dad's house on the market.

I've been trying to get a complete set of Sinclair QL World to take to the RMC Cave as a donation but seem to have lost at least a year, so your archive would be ideal to put into binders for the donation.

Forgetful
ROM Dongle

Re: Free stuff

Post by Forgetful »

Thanks, that sounds like a very good home for it. PM sent.