Seasonal aisle

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Mark Swift
ROM Dongle

Seasonal aisle

Post by Mark Swift »

I have been following Doodle ( viewtopic.php?t=4192 ) by stevepoole with interest and thought that it might be a good idea to mash together a seasonal image, sprites and a speed test.

I realise it's of limited use, but here it is...

GladTimings.png
GladTimings.zip
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

An emulated Amiga 500 scores 6.6 (I don't have a real one), a Nintendo Wii scores 108.5, the image is from a MacBook Pro.
I have not been able to test on a BBQL but suspect that it may strike a low score.

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Re: Seasonal aisle

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Mark,
Great adaptation of Brownien doodle, with real brownian motion... So my program logic was useable after all !

On SGC_SH under SMSQ/E, it scores 202.3
On HP laptop core i3 under QPC2, it scores 10234.8 (whilst multitasking). Very smooth animation.

Developping the brownien doodle caused me many problems, as my QL kept resetting due to a loose mains plug..... (fixed).
This distracted me so much that I kept forgetting what I was doing, and so eat up yonks of time ! Very nasty problem.

Well done, Steve.

martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Hi Mark!

(And a little off topic...)
Mark Swift wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:55 am a Nintendo Wii scores 108.5
I kept my son's old Wii console (duly modded) to see whether it might run QDOS one day - is that what you have done?

If so, could I PM you or else start a fresh thread to discuss how you did it?

Great work, Steve, BTW - I read all your posts with great interest!

Mark Swift
ROM Dongle

Post by Mark Swift »

Hi Steve,

The Glad Timings score represents how many times round the main loop are possible in one second.
One sprite is moved with each loop count, so a score of 10234.8 is quite impressive.

Like Martyn, I also read all your posts with great interest. So many thanks.
Your program triggered lots of possibilities and was quite a distraction from what I had planned to do with my time this weekend.
Off topic, Mark Swift wrote: Hi Martyn,
martyn_hill wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:01 am I kept my son's old Wii console (duly modded) to see whether it might run QDOS one day - is that what you have done?
If so, could I PM you or else start a fresh thread to discuss how you did it?
Not ported to the Wii; QDOS Classic running on top of an Amiga emulator running within the Homebrew channel.
It's a few months since I installed the Homebrew channel and Amiga emulator. I'll try to find my notes and document in a new post.
Feel free to PM me when I do, though this might end up being next weekend's project.

QC-Wii.gif