- solved - search for ql-speaker

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

- solved - search for ql-speaker

Post by techy »

Does anyone have a ql-speaker ??

or can tell me the specifications .....

preferably on mainland europe
Last edited by techy on Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: search for ql-speaker

Post by bwinkel67 »

Here is one on ebay.com (US) but it's coming from the UK, so you'll likely be able to grab it from ebay.co.uk (not mainland Europe, but as close as can get).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174962092450

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

outer EU is not an option .

our customs are very keen on any "illegal" parcel , they honour you with huge cost ( and a fine for illegal importing )

so needs to be inner EU

or a 3d model so i can print the casing myself
Last edited by techy on Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Pr0f »

It's described as a piezo speaker - but I think this is incorrect - it's clearly got a coil and looks remarkably similar to the sort of speaker you would find in headphones - in the QL circuity it's driven via a transistor - so I should think any mid range impedance (32 ohms and up) should probably work ok. The speaker from broken headphones would be a good choice :-)
Last edited by Pr0f on Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

I've got a couple spare here in Germany.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

techy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:57 am outer EU is not an option .

our customs are very keen on any "illegal" parcel , they honour you with huge cost ( and a fine for illigal importing )
Wait what? Buying from UK is illegal?

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

all outer eu importing into my country is treated as "illegal " .

the custom rules are very strict ,

first you have to announce your import to customs ( so they know to watch out for your parcel ) , and you need paperwork to do so ( which only registered companies have ) .
absence of that renders your import as an offence against the law and is honoured with costs...............
Last edited by techy on Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I think this is not correct, anyone can send or receive mail, parcels from the EU, with the correct Import and Export documentation.

You just have to declare what is in the package and value of the contents, then the EU like other countries apply an import tax.

The EU is usually 20% of the contents value, the USA is import tax application over $600

It is probably illegal to try and defraud the EU customs, but since we are all honest, then this never happens.

Regards,

Derek
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

as we are all honest people ,

our customs treat us equal ;-)

i have sent many parcels TO the uk and never had any problems .

and remember you can NOT announce any import as a private person , that is their trick !!

we have done a trail with the same parcel to nl and the other one to me , and guess.......... i had to pay the full monty whilst in holland it arrived without any charges.

even a parcel with "formal value " and a clear marking of the contents got scooped by them and they calculated a value and charged to me accordingly ( and don't try to complain , because then your parcel goes into guarded storage for the time they argue with you , and at your expenses !! - also did that once - ).

if they confiscate a small parcel with a silly value like my us$ 2,50 tube of black-glue , you have to rush to let them sent back the parcel as "refused" as otherwise you pay about € 50 "stocking fee" - 2.5ml lcd screen glue -

but back to subject , i hope our German member can help me out .

this is how the case looks after some hours of work.

cooling profile and speaker missing .
IMG_4630.JPG
the previous owner took a saw , and then mounted erverything in a wooden case like the first apple computer .
Last edited by techy on Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

techy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:43 pm as we are all honest people ,

our customs treat us equal ;-)

i have sent many parcels TO the uk and never had any problems .

and remember you can NOT announce any import as a private person , that is their trick !!

we have done a trail with the same parcel to nl and the other one to me , and guess.......... i had to pay the full monty whilst in holland it arrived without any charges.

even a parcel with "formal value " and a clear marking of the contents got scooped by them and they calculated a value and charged to me accordingly ( and don't try to complain , because then your parcel goes into guarded storage for the time they argue with you , and at your expenses !! - also did that once - ).

if they confiscate a small parcel with a silly value like my us$ 2,50 tube of black-glue , you have to rush to let them sent back the parcel as "refused" as otherwise you pay about € 50 "stocking fee" - 2.5ml lcd screen glue -
That's just insane. Good to know...had no idea it was that crazy in some parts of Europe. I wonder if Belgium was always like that and only being a member of the EU reduced it for Europe mainland stuff. Can you find a friend in one of the neighboring countries that can forward stuff to you? Might be cheaper in the long run. In the US, internally, many states have sales tax of some variety, though some don't. I live in Massachusetts, but work in New Hampshire and the latter doesn't have sales tax so I ship some things to work.

techy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:43 pm
but back to subject , i hope our German member can help me out .

this is how the case looks after some hours of work.

cooling profile and speaker missing .

IMG_4630.JPG

the previous owner took a saw , and then mouted erverything in a wooden case like the first apple computer .
That's just insane :-) Couldn't resist repeating that. Good job gluing the micrordive bays back together. I bet it looks almost perfect on the outside. What's the white line on the other side? Was that also cut and glued?