Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail - solved -

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

Re: Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail - solved -

Post by techy »

i can not get it to work as a qdisk .

i compared it with a 1.18 and there are a lot of differences .

maybe it is a dodgy attempt ..............or it is jumbled incorrectly .

there must be members with the genuine thing , maybe they can read the eprom
Last edited by techy on Fri May 26, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Re: Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail

Post by techy »

i re-burned an eprom , and the result is nothing .

so i doubt if this image is usable ( or i lost my control over the eprom programmer )

would it be possible that cst changed the jumbling with the versions of the qdisk interface ( as i have read several version do excist )

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

anyone succesfull with version 1.19 ??

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I did start to look at this, but I have a couple of other jobs to do.

But, it is just a matter of finding the relationship of the data and address lines of the ROM in comparison to the QL Bus and reoranising the data to suit. not a simple job, but probable do-able.

Regards,

Derek
aalea
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by aalea »

I made some investigation:

The file you found in the disk is a "bad dump" of a 1.19 version of the rom.

It have the correct scramble of the address bits that use the V4 PCB.

the address 0000h is bad, it's 00h and should be 4Ah, with this change the ROM boot (in a emulator) and show the copyright information:
CST QDisc Controller V 1.19 (C) 1986

Unfortunatelly it also show the message

rom checksum failure

This is a message algo present in V1.18, and any change in the rom make show this message. (I think the ROM position 37FEh has a 16bits checksum, this is the boundary that the interface can read).

In the 1.18 after this address is all empty (FFh) but in the version 1.19 there are some bytes with other information, and not seen to have a pattern, this make me suppouss that this dump come from a corrupt ROM, so there is not much that we can do.

techy
Gold Card

Re: Additional Question cst qdisk interface dead as a doornail - solved -

Post by techy »

we can only wait for another member to read his eprom and sent it to us.