.win files and TDI

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: .win files and TDI

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

My apologies for the confusion.

The Habi Qubide image editor is software that allows Qubide formatted disks to have QL software copied to the partition.

The software is a Windows application, which runs under Win 7, 10

Here is the download link on the QL Homepage:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qubide/software.zip

The manual is available here:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qubide/handleimg.pdf
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/qubide/handlezipfiles.pdf

If you still having problems, I can send you a CF Card with the software.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have looked at the file transfer process of the Habi Image Editor, it seems the way it handles QDOS header is not the dame as the other QL emulators.

So as I stated above, I zipped up the contents of the 2 QXL.WIN files and transferred the zip file with QL header enabled and unzipped the files to WIN1 and WIN2 respectively on the TDI CF Card, this maintained the directory structure.

I had to alter the boot file, which tries to use SMSQ/E on a Super Gold Card.

Since the Trump Card can not run SMSQ/E, Launchpad v1 will have to be used, as Launchpad v2 uses WMAN2 in SMSQ/E. I am not sure what the installed version of Launchpad is.

I will look into this and report back

Regards,

Derek
guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

Hi,

I see. I tried on my side too, but didn't managed to do anything usable (but I'm not really good at QL manipulation I muss say, I mostly discoverer this computer in modern days, I didn't used it when I was young).

If you can provide me an image of working CF card for the TDI I will be very grateful :-) Thanks a lot for what you do.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

guibrush wrote:Hi,

I see. I tried on my side too, but didn't managed to do anything usable (but I'm not really good at QL manipulation I muss say, I mostly discoverer this computer in modern days, I didn't used it when I was young).

If you can provide me an image of working CF card for the TDI I will be very grateful :-) Thanks a lot for what you do.
okay, I can email you link to download an image file with instructions to write to a CF Card.

What software do you want in the image file?

Regards,

Derek
guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

It'w very kind of you, thanks a lot.

I'm using Etcher to write the image on the CF, I assume it should work ok (I already used this process to save an write back my actual CF and the SMSQ/E TDI edition image).

For the softwares, I understand that in the image from the youtube video there were already some, right? That should probably be enough.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

guibrush wrote:It'w very kind of you, thanks a lot.

I'm using Etcher to write the image on the CF, I assume it should work ok (I already used this process to save an write back my actual CF and the SMSQ/E TDI edition image).

For the softwares, I understand that in the image from the youtube video there were already some, right? That should probably be enough.
The software in the You Tube video is a QL with Super Gold Card, running SMSQ/E Gold.

To run SMSQ/E you will need a Gold Card or Super Gold Card, the Trump Card will not run SMSQ/E.

You can only run QDOS which includes Minerva.

The software on the QXL.WIN files from the You Tube videos, require Window Manager 2 integrated into SMSQ/E.

The demonstration of Launchpad, is actaully Launchpad v2, which requires SMSQ/E. To run this on a Trump Card, Launchpad v1 is required.

S o alot of changes required to make it all run on a Trump Card.

Regards,

Derek
guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

but I have a TDI (Tetroïd Disk Interface) that can launch SMSQ/E, I'm already able to launch SMSQ/E with the distribution made by QLvsJaguar, not sure to understand what you mean.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,
guibrush wrote:but I have a TDI (Tetroïd Disk Interface) that can launch SMSQ/E, I'm already able to launch SMSQ/E with the distribution made by QLvsJaguar, not sure to understand what you mean.
Do you mean QL/E

Regards,

Derek
guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

herm... Yes, I assumed that it was the same. Sorry to ask, but what is the difference?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

QL/E is a software distribution that can run (by tremendous effort from Urs) on both QDOS (i.e. original QLs) and SMSQ/E. Urs has invested a lot of work to bring up original QDOS with lots of software expansion modules to a (somewhat) SMSQ/E equivalent level.

SMSQ/E is the (mostly compatible) replacement operating system to QDOS. It cannot be run on unexpanded, original QLs (needs a SuperGold or GoldCard at least). On your TDI card it wouldn't run.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO