Today I Received...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Today I Received...

Post by NormanDunbar »

Off Topic, I know, but with all the Arduino stuff being built into QL stuff these days...... ;)

Today I received this:
ArduinoInterrupts.png
it's my second book which has finally been published. Book one, Arduino Software Internals, is in the process of getting a second edition published as well.

Will I go for the trilogy? ;)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Congratulations Norman! :)

All way above my head, but I've read the reviews of your other book and you are clearly The Man in this area.

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Thanks SparrowHawk.

My "other" book, has just been uploaded for editorial review as they wanted a second edition doing. Book three---Arduino Assembly Language---is currently being written! A trilogy no less---well, it will be it they decide to publish book three!

Cheers,
Norm.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi
NormanDunbar wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:58 pm Thanks SparrowHawk.

My "other" book, has just been uploaded for editorial review as they wanted a second edition doing. Book three---Arduino Assembly Language---is currently being written! A trilogy no less---well, it will be it they decide to publish book three!

Cheers,
Norm.

I will see if I can get a Christmas present.

Your earlier book was very good, I learned alot from it.

Just need to write a way of writing Arduino code on QPC2 with the Arduino setup in a SER port.

Regards,

Derek
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:37 am Your earlier book was very good, I learned alot from it.
Thank Derek. I hate to say this, but there's an updated "second edition" in the process of being published right now. It's updated for the new Arduino version 2 IDE; for the latest PlatformIO system; and for the latest Arduino-cli---which is used to do all the compilations for the version 2 IDE.
Derek_Stewart wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:37 am Just need to write a way of writing Arduino code on QPC2 with the Arduino setup in a SER port.
That would be nice. There must be a (hardware?) manner of getting a QL's serial port (or an adaptor) to talk FTDI-like to an Arduino board? Not necessarily via the USB connector but directly to the TX and RX pins. Whatever, it would need some manner of pulling the RST pin to ground in order to start the bootloader running.

Cheers,
Norm.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Norman,

The options are, use QPC2 with an Arduino plugged into the PC USB port and write a C68 library to update the Arduino. Probably impossible, but worth a try.

Or use the Arduino S3v3, which has a serial port:
arduinoS3v3.jpg
arduinoS3v3.jpg (30.23 KiB) Viewed 3443 times

Which can connect toa QL or Q68 via the SERial port, just need the driver code written.

I will start a new thread for this, as I do not want upset the Admin Moderator blokes...

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

A blutooth Tablet Keyboard. £8 from Poundland in UK. Switchable Android/Windows/iOS.
Just 20 x 12.5 x 0.5cm, my phone alongside for comparison in the picture.
Really handy for typing longer messages on phone or tablet instead of using tiny on-screen keyboards.
Rechargeable via micro-USB, 80 hours battery life.
Vido Tablet Keyboard
Vido Tablet Keyboard

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:13 pm A blutooth Tablet Keyboard. £8 from Poundland in UK. Switchable Android/Windows/iOS.
Just 20 x 12.5 x 0.5cm, my phone alongside for comparison in the picture.
Really handy for typing longer messages on phone or tablet instead of using tiny on-screen keyboards.
Rechargeable via micro-USB, 80 hours battery life.
Vido Office Tablet Keyboard2.jpg
And now you can use the web version of sQLux on your phone :-D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Just tried it, XorA. Broadly works, with sQLux started from the Forum. One or two issues for me to investigate.

1.To use sQLux on phone, it has to be in portrait mode. Landscape is better width-wise but half the vertical display is missing and it doesn't scroll.

2. Keyboard needs to be switched to Windows once sQLux started, or some keys such as ESC are not available. UK Pound symbol is on the backtick key. [Fn]+backtick key is ESC, a bit awkward.

3. Most awkward is CTRL-SPACE for QL's break is not available in any of the three keyboard modes, neither is backslash or vertical bar nor cursor arrow keys.

There are some keyboard setup options (not well explained, examples in instructions don't work,will need to work out how to access them).

So only partial success with sQLux, but seems OK with Android system and progs. Above were only tried with keyboard switched to UK, need to try other languages and settings.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

3. Most awkward is CTRL-SPACE for QL's break is not available in any of the three keyboard modes, neither is backslash or vertical bar nor cursor arrow keys.
There is a good chance the Ctrl keypress is eaten by Android before browser even sees it unfortunately!