Ebay madness

A place to discuss general QL issues.
prime
Trump Card

Ebay madness

Post by prime »

Boxed QL, currently £865 with 58 bids, started at £15.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261729911172

Unless I'm missing something here this is waayyyyy ove the top.

Phill.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Ebay madness

Post by vanpeebles »

I think I'd part with mine for that price! :o

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

It is only about 10 times what it's worth - the seller hasn't even tested it !

Still give me a shout if anyone wants another boxed QL which is tested and doesn't cost the earth! :D

prime
Trump Card

Post by prime »

RWAP wrote:It is only about 10 times what it's worth - the seller hasn't even tested it !
Indeed there was some speculation on stardot.com as to weather it was a shill bid.

Cheers.

Phill.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Not heard of that term before. What's a shill bid?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Let eBay explain themselves:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/sel ... dding.html

;)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
valandnorm
ROM Dongle

Post by valandnorm »

Hello, all! I've joined your forum as an ex-QL owner. I wanted to set the record straight about my QL which caused all the speculation.
Everything I put on the ebay listing was absolutely true and accurate, and I would have been happy to receive a 'normal' price for it. As it happened there was someone out there ( in fact 2 bidders) who were very keen on it, and neither I-nor any of my family or friends- had any part whatsoever in the price that it was actually sold for. I really can't be doing with dishonesty, and wouldn't dream of getting involved with anything like that.
It's on its way to the USA, and I emailed the chap who has bought it, and he just seems pleased that he has bought something which he says is hard to find over there.
I'd searched on your site, and looked into the history of the QL to see if I could find out if there was anything special about mine. You'd have seen that the registration number was put on my listing, and I wondered if that had any bearing.
I guess I was just lucky to have the right bidder at the right time. There you go.
If you have one for sale yourself, you never know, you may get lucky, too!
Best Regards,
Val

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Thank you for posting and congratulations on the sale :) Did it belong to anyone in your family? Who used it originally? It's always nice to hear how people used them back in the day.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Hi Val,

Welcome to the forums - it is always interesting to hear about the history of QLs - let's hope the purchaser might even join up to the forums and get involved once they get their QL - it is true, there are not that many out there in the USA, despite there being a US specific model.

I am just glad to see that the buyer actually paid for it - it does happen sometimes that people get carried away with auctions and all too often, you hear about auction prices being much higher than normal and then the buyer backing out (claiming their 6 year old must have been using the computer).

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

I guess two people were really keen to get a "boxed" version. Sometimes people really like the boxes and polys.

Welcome to the forum, I grew up near Newton Stewart :-)