pie_ext on QPC2 (SMSQ/E)?

A place to discuss general QL issues.
ql_freak
Gold Card

pie_ext on QPC2 (SMSQ/E)?

Post by ql_freak »

Is pie_ext compatible with QPC2?

It must be initialised specially, with a call before ptr_gen is loaded and a call afterwards. But it seems the pointer interface is already built in SMSQ/E, as I can't find a ptr_gen any more.

I have used it formerly with my GoldCard QL (now in a cardboard :-() together with Lightning on Minerva and had no problems. So I would like to use it also with QPC2 to have full multitasking.

Another question: I think Lightning isn't necessary any more on a fast PC with QPC2, correct?

Peter

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: pie_ext on QPC2 (SMSQ/E)?

Post by tofro »

Peter,

newer (i.e the one you have ;) ) SMSQ/Es don't need PIE_EXT any more - That has been worked into the OS a number of years ago. Simply do a

Code: Select all

PE_BGON
in S*BASIC and you have full background window update functionality.

PE_BGOFF
switches off.

And Lightning wouldn't bee needed any more as well. (And I very much doubt it would even work with QPC2)

Boring, these modern times, aren't they?

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
ql_freak
Gold Card

Re: pie_ext on QPC2 (SMSQ/E)?

Post by ql_freak »

tofro wrote:Peter,

newer (i.e the one you have ;) ) SMSQ/Es don't need PIE_EXT any more - That has been worked into the OS a number of years ago. Simply do a

PE_BGON
in S*BASIC and you have full background window update functionality.
Thank you, this is nice to hear.

And it also does the job of PICE, so that the output of visible parts of the windows in background is updated :-)

Is there any need for the companion of PICE "NICE", which gave a better responsibility for user input?

Peter

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)