QL Adventurers' Forum Magazine Scans

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Jungsi
ROM Dongle

Re: QL Adventurers' Forum Magazine Scans

Post by Jungsi »

When I want to download QLAF 5 and 6 I get an error: You don't have the permission..... ;)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Please try now! :)

Jungsi
ROM Dongle

Post by Jungsi »

vanpeebles wrote:Please try now! :)
Thanks! Now everything is fine!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

vanpeebles wrote:With kind permission from Richard Alexander, the man behind the QL Adventures' Forum magazine, I have uploaded some scans of the magazine here:

http://www.northwestlinux.net/~qlforum/
What happened to these scans - the link is not working for me!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:
vanpeebles wrote:With kind permission from Richard Alexander, the man behind the QL Adventures' Forum magazine, I have uploaded some scans of the magazine here:
http://www.northwestlinux.net/~qlforum/
What happened to these scans - the link is not working for me!
As I write this, I'm uploading copies of QL Adventurers Forum and QL Leisure review to my website, they will appear at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/mags/index.html shortly. A very large number of MB is uploading via Bethesda narrowband... so will probably be available next year :o(

They are one zip file per issue, each containing every page scanned as a JPG. If someone is able to make PDFs of them, I will happily host those. Plenty of space available.

I'd also like to put QL Technical Review (CGH Services) and QReview (Quo Vadis Design) on there if someone has the time to scan them. The CGH ones are OK for copyright, but I don't know if Bruce at Quo Vadis has given permission for QReview to be made available. Who knows, he might even still have the original Text 87/Publisher Pack files!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Dilwyn,

I have all the QLTR, as I mentioned, was gonna scan them for myself.

I have downloaded the IQLR 1 & 2, I can convert them to searchable PDF.

Regards,

Derek
Jungsi
ROM Dongle

Post by Jungsi »

dilwyn wrote: They are one zip file per issue, each containing every page scanned as a JPG. If someone is able to make PDFs of them, I will happily host those. Plenty of space available.
I've converted them some time ago to PDF - when you tell me where to upload or to send the PDF I can help :-)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Jungsi wrote:
dilwyn wrote: They are one zip file per issue, each containing every page scanned as a JPG. If someone is able to make PDFs of them, I will happily host those. Plenty of space available.
I've converted them some time ago to PDF - when you tell me where to upload or to send the PDF I can help :-)
Oh.
Derek Stewart has said he's converted the mags to PDF, and will pass them to me via Dropbox.
Sorry about that Gerhard - I'll get back in touch if Derek has any problems.

(the main problem is email, 5MB absolute max attachment and repeat sends of large attachments seem to block the sender as spammer as Marcel found to his cost last year...our "broad" band [term used loosely] seems stuck in the dark ages here).