Greetings from Maribor, Slovenia.

Introduce yourself here!
Barbarpapa1
ROM Dongle

Greetings from Maribor, Slovenia.

Post by Barbarpapa1 »

Good evening...

My name is Jože (Joe, Joseph …) and I’m from city of Maribor, Slovenija. I have a QL, which was dormant for about 36 years. It broke down because of brittle keyboard membrane and back then I didn’t know, how to get a new one. About year ago I’ve found out, that membranes are still available and that they don’t cost a fortune, so I purchased one. And on last new year holiday I started with the restoration. Here is the awaken sleeping beauty :D :

And yes ;) , I have a monitor that works with the QL, albeit it’s a monochrome green one. It’s a Philips monitor made for MSX computers of the day.
Goal is to bring the QL to full original functionality and expand it later but in such way, that nothing from this upgrades would be visible from outside.
At the moment I’m bothering with re-felting (re-padding) microdrive cartridges, which I have around 20 pieces. I manage to re-padd one and I’m suspicious, that microdrive 1 is faulty :? . I’ll confirm that later with other re-padded cartridges.

Kind regards to you all…

Jože

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Greetings from Maribor, Slovenia.

Post by dilwyn »

Welcome to the Forum!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome and hello! :)

Chris_68
Brittle Membrane

Post by Chris_68 »

Welcome to the forum!
And good luck with the MDVs

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Welcome - glad to see another QL resurrected and working :)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
martyn_hill
Aurora

Post by martyn_hill »

Welcome Joze!

I was intrigued to read that you're in Slovenia - my maternal family are from just over the Slovenian border in Northern Italy - though still quite a distance from Maribor!

I'm sure between the clever folks here on the Forum, you'll get all the advice you need to do justice to your QL :-)