MicroPeripherals Disk Interface ROM

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Re: MicroPeripherals Disk Interface ROM

Post by Chr$ »

Silvester wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:05 am I bought this interface from Dennis Briggs in about 1988 at a QL show. He mentioned his stock of MP interfaces had been updated with the official upgrade from QJump.
QJump123.jpg
Yes, that's the one.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Chr$ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:09 pm Sorry to bring this one up from the dead again. I'm late to the party as usual.

Derek or Rich, can you send me the bin file for the QFLP upgrade ROM, if poss? I have the original box and manual, so must qualify as a legal owner (and I won't share it).
20231210_140339_resized.jpg
Also, with respect to the 5 mysterious jumpers on the MicroPeripherals Disk Interface, this is what my manual, dated July 1985, says in that regard:
MicroP Jumpers.jpg

Jumpers are numbered 1 to 5 from right to left.

20231210_140042.jpg
Would it be OK if I copied this to my website? Might be a useful supplement for the manual on my site, in case anyone has this variation of the interface?

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

dilwyn wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:33 pm
Chr$ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:09 pm Sorry to bring this one up from the dead again. I'm late to the party as usual.

Derek or Rich, can you send me the bin file for the QFLP upgrade ROM, if poss? I have the original box and manual, so must qualify as a legal owner (and I won't share it).
20231210_140339_resized.jpg
Also, with respect to the 5 mysterious jumpers on the MicroPeripherals Disk Interface, this is what my manual, dated July 1985, says in that regard:
MicroP Jumpers.jpg

Jumpers are numbered 1 to 5 from right to left.

20231210_140042.jpg
Would it be OK if I copied this to my website? Might be a useful supplement for the manual on my site, in case anyone has this variation of the interface?
It's something that really is only useful to people with such an interface, so I'd consider that 'fair use' as a replacement of a bit of code that would otherwise go extinct and the company that produced it is defunct. Up to you, technically it's probably still illegal - at least make it available just long enough for me to download it ;)

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

My apologies, it seems I have the QLP Ugrade for MicroPeripherals v1.24, as a ROM image, but it is still copyright as detailed earlier.

Regards,

Derek
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:05 pm Hi,

My apologies, it seems I have the QLP Ugrade for MicroPeripherals v1.24, as a ROM image, but it is still copyright as detailed earlier.
I doubt Tony Tebby would mind it being sent by pm as Chr$ does have the original box and manual :)

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

I've got it now, from some secret Santa's.

Thanks.