qdos-gcc for windows

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
XorA
Site Admin

qdos-gcc for windows

Post by XorA »

Hi, time to announce project that has been worked on in the background with @Peter!

qdos-gcc (and needed tools from xtc68) compiled for 32bit windows.

The binary can be found on the github page!

https://github.com/xXorAa/qdos-gcc-2.95 ... ngw32-v1.0

The internal paths are hardoded to \qdos-gcc\ directory so the compiler needs to be at the root of the drive you are building on. For example if you are compiling on e:\really\cool\qdos\stuff then the compiler should be at e:\qdos-gcc

Happy to accept fixes and improvements at the github project here https://github.com/xXorAa/qdos-gcc-2.95.3/

@dilwyn its fine if you want to put binaries on your root of all evil pages for QL :-)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: qdos-gcc for windows

Post by dilwyn »

As it's probably a work in development, I linked to your site instead (from my C page).

Thanks XorA.
Last edited by dilwyn on Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected error

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: qdos-gcc for windows

Post by Peter »

XorA wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:47 am qdos-gcc (and needed tools from xtc68) compiled for 32bit windows.
Many thanks XorA for this fantastic toolchain! Great advantage is the independency from specific environments like Cygwin or Docker which are subject of changes and incompatibilities with Windows updates. As a native 32 bit Windows application, ist should last at least this decade. And who knows, maybe it even has a future under Wine.

qdos-gcc is simply the best C compiler for the QL when it comes to performance. For example, it allows even the 68008 QL to output long sampled sound files with my example player for QIMSI. And that without specific assembler optimization, and SLAVE buffering still active, just reduced in memory usage. C68 generated code was too slow for that.
dilwyn wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:08 pm As it's probably a work in development, I linked to your site instead (from my C page).
XorA's qdos-gcc seems to work perfectly except for a few minor issues that are likely to stay untouched. I don't expect much changes.