Toolkit 2 v2.32

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Toolkit 2 v2.32

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have been using Toolkit 2 v2.32, with sQLux and Q-emulator with Minerva v1.98, JS, JM ROMS.

With no boot file in place so that the emulator just starts up into Monitor Mode, entering WTV to get to TV Mode, does not clear the screen border and leaves part of the Monitor Mode window in the black area around the TV Mode windows.

I have to load in PTR_GEN & WMAN before the TV Mode screen borders are cleared correctly.

Using ToolKit2 v2.23 all is okay.

Why does this version of Toolkit 2 rely on the WMAN being present?

Regards,

Derek
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Toolkit 2 v2.32

Post by tofro »

Derek,

nothing in the QL without the extended environment would clean up the screen where it wouldn't want to draw (It basically just draws what's new - never cleans up anything that's "old") - This is just normal behaviour, in my opinion.

Once you load PtrEnv, that behaviour changes to what you observe, and, yet again, that's normal behaviour as well. And, I am pretty sure that really doesn't depend at all on whether Toolkit II is loaded or not, but rather only on whether the PtrEnv is loaded or not.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,
tofro wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:25 pm Derek,

nothing in the QL without the extended environment would clean up the screen where it wouldn't want to draw (It basically just draws what's new - never cleans up anything that's "old") - This is just normal behaviour, in my opinion.

Once you load PtrEnv, that behaviour changes to what you observe, and, yet again, that's normal behaviour as well. And, I am pretty sure that really doesn't depend at all on whether Toolkit II is loaded or not, but rather only on whether the PtrEnv is loaded or not.
but why does Toolkit 2 v2.23 defines the display correctly when switching screen mode and Toolkit 2 v2.32 does not?

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

It seems after reading Marcel Blog entry with regards Toolkit II The Sequel, the Toolkit version:
https://www.kilgus.net/2017/03/

I am using is out of date, I should be using v2.36

The error was using the most up to date on the QL Homepage, which does have a link to later updates on Marcel Web Site.

Regards,

Derek