Hello, world

Introduce yourself here!
tjb
ROM Dongle

Hello, world

Post by tjb »

Hi All,
I joined because I dug my old QL out of the shed (along with other vintage micros), and having just bought a vDrive, am looking at getting some software running on it. I bought mine (a JM ROM) when I was on offer at Dixons for £200? £100? with a thermal printer and serial cable probably 1985/1986 as I wrote up my CS degree project in Quill. I did buy BCPL, a macro assembler and QL super monitor for it, but did not do a huge amount with it as I had Vaxen and proprietary 680x0 Unix machines to play with at my first jobs, but nostalgia is making me to take a look at it again!

-- Tim

P.S. My QL super monitor is v3.0, which I notice is requested on the QL wiki -- to whom should I send a copy?

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Hello, world

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Hi there! Welcome back to the wonderful world of the QL :)

Richard (RWAP) and Simon (Outsoft) both maintain software archives - I do not know if they synchronise their collections, so might be worth sending to both?

JY

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

If you click on the "QL Hompage" link above in this forum, you'll get to Dilwyn Jones' Sinclair QL page, a comprehensive repository of QL software, including vDrive-ready MDV files.

tjb
ROM Dongle

Post by tjb »

Thanks for the information! I will have a dig around when I get a spare moment; work is busy at the moment, and I still have to plumb the vMap into the QL -- A new keyboard membrane arrived today, as a backup if the original breaks when the open the QL.
Like a lot of people, I will be looking around for any ROM upgrades available (the Toolkit sounds like a must-have!) but at least I can experiment on one of the emulators and learn my way around the environment, with a decent keyboard!

cheers,

Tim

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome! :)