QL Home Page Down

A place to discuss general QL issues.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

QL Home Page Down

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Is there a problem with the QL Home Page.

Can not seem to access it.

Regards,

Derek
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: QL Home Page Down

Post by dilwyn »

Looks like it's down. Have raised a support request, unsure yet if it's the hosting or domain.

The backup site https://dilwyn.qlforum.co.uk/index.html is still available.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Website seems to be back online at last, some routing fault at the host company's data centre. At first, I thought it may be a domain name issue since that seemed to be "parked" when I checked it, but apparently it does that when it can't find the host as in this case.

Still having difficulty with email forwarding from the domain name (this has NEVER been reliable anyway), so any emails to me are best sent direct to my gmail address for now.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

The email forwarding for my domain name is still down. 123-reg claim it's working, except I receive nothing and nothing in SPAM folder either. Yet mountains of junk mail get through.

Tried hard with both Gmail and Yahoo mail with 100% failure.

Time to give up on this domain name I think, and probably the website, I seem to spend more time fixing problems than actually getting anything done these days.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Your wonderful website is absolutely essential for the QL. I can only hope you carry on.
Stupid question, but why not use the backup site ans main site?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Peter wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:19 pm Your wonderful website is absolutely essential for the QL. I can only hope you carry on.
Stupid question, but why not use the backup site ans main site?
Not stupid at all, because discussions are going on about doing just that. Just that I've had too much stress with the domain name, so that goes when renewal comes in mid March.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

At this point, I find out the sorry state of I.T., websites and customer support in this country.

As so many of my logins relied on the domain's email forwarding, I have to change them all. Fair enough, that's my decision.

Incredibly, about 1 in 10 websites don't let you change email addresses at all (even if the login relies on it). Roughly the same have now locked me out or generated website errors, or saying I have to go through verifications via email or OTP via text and needless to say they never arrive or arrive AFTER the timeout periods, leaving me stranded. Amazingly, some won't let you change details until you actually buy something.

Their loss, they lose customers like me through their crappy websites and have nobody but their bloody selves to blame. Needless to say it's pretty impossible to contact them at weekends (when you have the time to sort out these things).

The ones I expected to be problematical like amazon and ebay gave no problems whatsoever.

Jesus, I'm bloody angry with the state of things in this country.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

The ones I expected to be problematical like amazon and ebay gave no problems whatsoever.
And thats why those sites are winning! The average UK person just cant conceive of just working as a possibility these days!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Well, even QL Forum locked me out of my account for a while. Just for changing my email address (though Rob quickly unlocked it after an email to him).

As for Ikea, Talking Pictures, ITVx, Soundcloud, Motorola, Welsh Government, Ace, and Table Table, for example (the ones I can remember after two days of this), I'm currently either locked out of most of those or I log back in and the changes haven't implemented. Pathetic.