Unused Sinclair QL and 'cassettes'?

Sell your QL items here!
Gbidgood
ROM Dongle

Unused Sinclair QL and 'cassettes'?

Post by Gbidgood »

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and entirely unfamiliar with the Sinclair QL. However I assumed that considering it was quite an influential computer, there might be some sort of market for them. and posting on here would expose it to a much better audience.

Anyway, my grandad is moving house and a lot of his stuff is going up for auction tomorrow.

I thought it may be worth posting a link to the page on here in case any of you guys were interested in buying it (you can bid for it online).

It is unused in the box (unsealed) and comes with some sort of very small cassettes which are still sealed in their packaging. I believe these are related to the computer in some way.

Also included in the item, is an 'ion usb turntable' in its box. i have no idea what this is, it may be completely unrelated to the Sinclair QL.

So if anybody is interested, here is the link. I beleive there is no reserve on the item, so you may get a bargain! :)

http://davidduggleby.com/auctions/26102 ... px?search=

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Unused Sinclair QL and 'cassettes'?

Post by vanpeebles »

I've not seen a QL box like that before? I've just seen the silver ones. The ion turntable I think allows you to make mp3s from old vinyl records.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Towards the end, Sinclair had a LOT of returned machines, and parts to assemble them. Sandy purchased 500 and they all came packaged like this. Those QLs sold in about three weeks. I remember putting in long hours testing them, as so many were faulty.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Interesting :) Would you say that's a rare box compared to the silver ones then?

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Nah. There were at least 20,000 of them.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Was glad to see that this fetched a good price (especially as it was untested).