Tetroid interfaces hardware info

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Silvester
Gold Card

Re: Tetroid interfaces hardware info

Post by Silvester »

RWAP wrote:It is indeed interesting - I must admit that when I had a QubIDE I no longer booted from microdrive so would not have noticed this behaviour.

I do however, seem to recall the Miracle HD disk chained properly with the Trump Card - ie win1_boot, flp1_boot, mdv1_boot, but then I might be mistaken - it was many years ago!
Both MHD and Trump card use the trick of initially naming their drivers 'MDV' and then change to 'WIN' or 'FLP' after (failed) Boot.

David
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

So, who is going to add this boot up information to the QL Wiki?

Whilst you're at it, you could add some details about the Tetroid Disk Interface :D

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

I've seen on Sell My Retro the new GC clone, WOW!!!

Absolutely OUTSTANDING!!!

Are you able to do a GC + QUBIDE card too in the future? It will be my favourite all time interface at all ;)

Best regards.

tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Post by tetroid »

Outsoft wrote:I've seen on Sell My Retro the new GC clone, WOW!!!

Are you able to do a GC + QUBIDE card too in the future? It will be my favourite all time interface at all ;)

Best regards.
Thank you, Simon.

Yes, I think about a GC + QUBIDE card, plan to make in the future, but not in 2017.

I still have my QL items still available, anyone interested, please contact me at tetroid@inbox.ru
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

tetroid wrote:
Outsoft wrote:I've seen on Sell My Retro the new GC clone, WOW!!!

Best regards.
Thank you, Simon.

Yes, I think about a GC + QUBIDE card, plan to make in the future, but not in 2017.
I will be your first buyer and tester, when you want, I dump QL stuff every week ;)

afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

Another proposal for Tetroid, a standalone "slimm" QubIDE version (only QubIDE, no passthrough, no RAM or floppy expansion, it should be very thin and low consumption).

That QubIDE version, with David's MiniPlane, would be a perfect expansion for the QL with GoldCard or SuperGoldCard.

tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Post by tetroid »

afx wrote:Another proposal for Tetroid, a standalone "slimm" QubIDE version (only QubIDE, no passthrough, no RAM or floppy expansion, it should be very thin and low consumption).

That QubIDE version, with David's MiniPlane, would be a perfect expansion for the QL with GoldCard or SuperGoldCard.
Minimal height - 9mm ( QL system connector + PCB ).

But i think S(GC) and other card is impossible to fit to standard QL hole.
Standard QL hole height - 19mm, GC ( SGC ) heigth - 17mm

I still have my QL items still available, anyone interested, please contact me at tetroid@inbox.ru
tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Post by tetroid »

I have the working propotype of external bus expansion ( buffered ) , but main problem is suitable case for this ( plastic or metallic ).
I use vertical version, but more useful is horisontal version.

afx
Trump Card

Post by afx »

tetroid wrote:I have the working propotype of external bus expansion ( buffered ) , but main problem is suitable case for this ( plastic or metallic ).I use vertical version, but more useful is horisontal version.
Great!!

That's another interesting option!

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Tetroid, what would happen if you to make the backplane and buffer card a single PCB? The elimination of 2 DIN connectors would cut costs, and signal quality would be improved. It would also be more mechanically stable.