Time for a new Star Trek TV show?

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Cristian
Aurora

Time for a new Star Trek TV show?

Post by Cristian »

After 10 years (!) since the last episode of StarTrek: Enterprise, the idea of a new TV show seems to grow... J.J.Abrahams and other important persons have already begun to talk about new ideas, possible projects abd so on. Is it eventually time for a new TV show?

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Re: Time for a new Star Trek TV show?

Post by 1024MAK »

Hell yes!

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

It's about time someone badly went

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Cristian wrote:After 10 years (!) since the last episode of StarTrek: Enterprise, the idea of a new TV show seems to grow... J.J.Abrahams and other important persons have already begun to talk about new ideas, possible projects abd so on. Is it eventually time for a new TV show?
Amazing how long the Star Trek genre survived, but after all these years since Enterprise, it would be nice to see another spin off if they can do one well enough.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Doesn't the Star Trek Continues series count? It's up to scratch and the son of the original creator has said his father would have considered it canon.

(For foreign readers for whom English is a second language, that means he would have considered it part of the original writings continuous from the original series.)

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Dave wrote:Doesn't the Star Trek Continues series count? It's up to scratch and the son of the original creator has said his father would have considered it canon.
The Star Trek Continues idea is amazing. It's a praiseworthy product, the recitation is OK... but I think it's a niche product. Consider for example the problem of the translations (dubbing tracks) for all the diffetrent languages. Anyway, in my opinion it's not necessary to "copy & paste" the old bridge, costumes, makeups...
There is still the lack of an official show.

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Dave wrote: (For foreign readers for whom English is a second language [...]
Yes, I got it; anyway, thank you for your "translation" :)
As ancient Latins said, "Melius abundare quam deficere" (it's better to add than lack) ;)

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Dave wrote:Doesn't the Star Trek Continues series count? It's up to scratch and the son of the original creator has said his father would have considered it canon.

(For foreign readers for whom English is a second language, that means he would have considered it part of the original writings continuous from the original series.)
I didn't even know this existed, just watched series 1, episode 1 on Youtube.

Interesting, if not bordering on camp.
Has the original Mr Scott's son playing Mr Scott (I think) who has even greater dialogue!

No QL or QL derivative in sight :-(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

You'll see a lot of original 60s cast revisiting, and some BIG names.... Yeah. The first one was an adjustment, but it grows on you. The production values and the structure are VERY authentic.

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Mr_Navigator wrote: Has the original Mr Scott's son playing Mr Scott (I think) who has even greater dialogue!
Yes, I agree :)
On the other hand, about Lt. Uhura, aesthetically speaking... :|