Humour

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Humour

Post by Mr_Navigator »

For all those programmers out there

There's a band called 1023Mb. They haven't had any gigs yet

The programmers wife tells him, "run to the shops and get a loaf of bread. If they have any eggs, get a dozen". He comes back with 12 loaves.

And for you engineers out there

Einstein, Newton and Pascal decide to play Hide and Seek. Einstein goes first and covers his eyes and starts counting to ten. Pascal immediately runs off. Newton on the other hand draws a square on the floor 1 meter by 1 meter right in front of Einstein and then stands in the middle of it.
Einstein finishes counting to ten, uncovers his eyes and exclaims, I found you Newton, your it!

Newton smiles and says "you didn't find me, you found a Newton over a square meter, you found Pascal!".

There are more but these were my favourites.

Regards
Lee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
chriskgnr
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: Humour

Post by chriskgnr »

:lol:

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

Oh dear me!...

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Bubu
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Bubu »

HAHAhAhAhaAHhaHAAm ssso good!!!

Let's go:

A gypsy tryng to log in Facebook: "Aaarrrgh, what's up with this, it says 'your password is wrong', and then I write 'wrong' but still doesn't go!!!"

Let's go with another:

"Hi, flks, new keybard is sld, gd price, nly ne key fails"

And this:

A guy is standing on the corner of the street smoking one cigarette after another. A lady walking by notices him and says: -“Hey, don’t you know that those things can kill you? I mean, didn’t you see the giant warning on the box?!” -“That’s OK” says the guy, puffing casually “I’m a computer programmer” -“So? What’s that got to do with anything?” -“We don’t care about warnings. We only care about errors.”

:-D

:-D

If something works... DON'T TOUCH IT!!! AT ALL!!!
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Mr_Navigator wrote:The programmers wife tells him, "run to the shops and get a loaf of bread. If they have any eggs, get a dozen". He comes back with 12 loaves.
I find this one really funny, because it reminds me of a silly cock-up I made at work many years ago along these lines. I'd got up early one morning to do some coding of a QL program that involved deeply nested IF...THEN...ELSE statements and by the time I got to work I was still "thinking in SuperBASIC" so of course when someone told me to do something which involved deciding something based on several issues, that kind of mistake and misunderstanding happened because of the train of thought.

Bubu
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Bubu »

Well, in the real life some days ago I wrote on a sheet of paper something, don't remember what, and then I took the mouse of the PC to try to copy it and paste it, on the paper!!!!

And this one is real too: when I was 11, in 1983, the teacher put me to write 100 times the sentence: "I must not speak at classroom". What I did in the notebook was this:

Code: Select all

10 FOR N = 1 TO 100
20 PRINT "I MUST NOT SPEAK AT CLASSROOM"
30 NEXT N
Of course when my teacher read this, forced me to write 500 times the sentence USING A PENCIL :-(

If something works... DON'T TOUCH IT!!! AT ALL!!!
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Bubu wrote:
Of course when my teacher read this, forced me to write 500 times the sentence USING A PENCIL :-(
Well that's easy

Code: Select all

100 FOR f = 1 to 500
110   PRINT "USING A PENCIL",
120 END FOR f

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

Pound sign is allowed? I am astonished....

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Ralf R. wrote:Pound sign is allowed? I am astonished....
Your right is does look like a pound sign at normal magnification, CTRL + mouse wheel to zoom and see it for the F it is :)

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

I see. I was bit upset, because (for unknown reasons) nearly everybody uses "i".

:mrgreen: