Greetings from behind the Black Box

Introduce yourself here!
MichalQL
ROM Dongle

Greetings from behind the Black Box

Post by MichalQL »

Hi everyone,
I am back to QL after very long quarter of a century! Used to have the Clasic QL JM ROM, 640 kb RAM, microP dual disk drive with Sandy SuperQboard with RAM / FDD / Paralel interface, Sinclair QL Monitor the EPSON printer and loads of Microdrives and floppies with various mostly programing SW (Fortran, Forth, Pascal, Assembler, Monitor...) I wish I kept it all!

It all had to go by when I was upgrading to Atari ST... All this Sinclair equipment did not say "Hasta la vista baby" but it is BACK now. Not exactly the same machine - the new one is MGG ROM with German keyboard, but also with extra RAM, FDDs etc.. (will be soon migrating to Minerva _ UK keyboard layout).

I am very pleased to see that the QL scene is quite alive and that so many people keep admiring this fantastic machine! Surprisingly enough most of those machines seem to be running like new and this is probably something even Sir Clive Sinclair haven't thought of back in 1980'.

Thanks to him and all those wonderfull people like Tony Tebby, David Karlin, Jan Jones to name the few. And of course everyone who keeps this still kicking those days. Great piece of work.

You have my admiration !

P.S. I will be posting also a question about connecting the QL to LCD screed which I somehow can't make run in the F1/Monitor mode (did not really had to worry about that back in 1985 as I had the QL Monitor) - insn't that funny?

Hard and Heavy Sinclair QL (MGG ROM) Sandy SuperQboard + 2x720 Kb drive
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Greetings from behind the Black Box

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and a warm welcome! :) The monitor issue is a common problem when using normal TVs, I had to use a RGB2VGA board to get a proper display in monitor mode.