Hello from southwest Germany

Introduce yourself here!
schombi
Chuggy Microdrive

Hello from southwest Germany

Post by schombi »

Hello!

I´m a Sinclair fan since 1983. A 16K Spectrum was my first computer, later on it got upgraded to 48K and I kept using it for many years, even though a C-64 and later an Amiga 500 came to my life.

I still remember the first QL I saw and how deeply I was impressed by the 3D graphics of Psion Chess.

Around the mid 90´s I swapped over to PC, but always kept an eye on what´s happening in the Sinclair world. After years of using programs like Spectaculator, I decided to go back to real hardware and I bought myself a nice 128K "toastrack". In the meantime I acquired more Spectrums and I like to have them all in a working condition. By coincidence I came accross a QL, which arrived with some great goodies like the binders (user guide) etc. Unfortunately it turned out to be defective and most likely it´ll need a new main board. However, I hope to get a replacement board soon, so I will have a nice QL in my collection.

Good to know people from "Sinclair paradise" UK, like Rich Mellor or Ian Gledhill. They´re always helpful und friendly, so I´m glad I finally found this forum and many other Sinclair/QL fans!

Best regards from Karlsruhe,
Schombi

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello from southwest Germany

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and welcome :) FIngers crossed for getting your QL fixed and into action :geek: I have quite a few Sinclair machines myself.

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Re: Hello from southwest Germany

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Greetings! I too had a 16K Spectrum as my first computer (having used BBC Micros and PETs at school), which I upgraded to 48K to be able to play The Hobbit. Then an Amstrad CPC and the QL, and finally pre-PC I, like you, went to the Amiga (500 then 1500).

Ah, happy days...

Anyway, enjoy these forums :)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves