hello from belgium

Introduce yourself here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: hello from belgium

Post by Dave »

120 bhp. :)

I have a Ford F150 FX4 5.4L Triton V8 that produces 380 horses, but I guess the power to weight ratio sucks ;) It'll tow 9700 lbs like it wasn't there though. How many Metros is that? :P

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

Hi dave ,

we are drifting away form the ql-scene here ( love forums that way ) :D

the difference with your vehicle is that a metro turbo only has 1275 cc , which is the size of your starter .

in the mid 80's anything which could do the famouse ton ( 100 mph ) was considered fast , and rover decided to give their best selling family car a lotus treatment to make it attractive to the sportscar fan.

I have to admit that with 96 bhp , and a weight of 738 kgs it is quite fun , another interesting point is the lack of wheel-spin when accellerating so you willbe quicker than lots of modern cars which have all kinds of electronics to make them drivable for the general public.

i have beaten 205 gti's 1.6 and 1.9 very succesfully on tarmack with this old lady.
The only real drawback is the maximum power is in the redline area .

anyway , old english cars are as fun as old english computers

techy
Last edited by techy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

As an Olde Englishman I concur!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Cast iron and rust are a classic British combination! :lol:

twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

... and the old english cars are no better! :mrgreen:

I'll get my coat...

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

:lol:

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

vanpeebles wrote::lol:
====== non ql related =======

Here you are , a unique picture of david and goliath .

;-) the one under the pile of junk is david ;-) , which is on his rims in the mean time.

I just spent 2 full days on getting goliath cleared from his ( hers ) electric and electronic gizmo's .

But right now the only thing left is verify/vacuumize/fill the a/c , and get the upholstery re-stiched ( leather ) .

techy
Attachments
david and goliath .jpg

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

The poor Metro is covered! :)

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

if goliath needs to be ( partly ) in the garage the only thing you can do is use the available space ( aka roof of the metro ) :D

Since goliath is almost finished , i already got parts in for poor metro ( radiator , hoses , gaskets ) well you know all needed to get it rolling again.

As a good friend of me said " it is an a-series , they never die " , so i hope he is right.

techy

techy
Gold Card

Post by techy »

family has expanded...……………

another full working spectrum , after an extensive repair recap , well re-everything .
the first one received a new ula too ( and the Obvious recap , re-membrane , re 7805 …………….
m_IMG_7865.jpg
Last edited by techy on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.