Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Introduce yourself here!
David Batty
ROM Dongle

Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Post by David Batty »

Hello everyone, I registered quite a while ago but only just got round to getting in here.

I am David Batty, from Leyland, Lancashire, England.

I haven't read many of the forum posts yet but will catch up soon.

Hi Dilwyn and Richard, I saw you when I glanced through the posts.

I am a QL owner, windows machines, z88, raspberry pi and Amiga. I am an android phone person and I am doing Android development at the moment as well as delivering training courses and anything else computer related that interests me.

I am a member of Liverpool Mahatma Magic Circle, I play the accordion and enjoy learning new stuff as much as possible.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I also have a Z88 :geek:

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I remember you! You're a very smart guy :)

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

David Batty wrote:Hello everyone, I registered quite a while ago but only just got round to getting in here.

I am David Batty, from Leyland, Lancashire, England.
I haven't read many of the forum posts yet but will catch up soon.
Hi Dilwyn and Richard, I saw you when I glanced through the posts.
I am a QL owner, windows machines, z88, raspberry pi and Amiga. I am an android phone person and I am doing Android development at the moment as well as delivering training courses and anything else computer related that interests me.
I am a member of Liverpool Mahatma Magic Circle, I play the accordion and enjoy learning new stuff as much as possible.
Welcome, David. It's been a bit quiet here of late (like most summer holiday periods!)

A little trivia question for the relatively new members here: Which QL software company was David associated with in the 1980s?

Android development? Oh goody, I'd love a QL emulator my Android phone... :ugeek: :D

Dilwyn

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

dilwyn wrote:
A little trivia question for the relatively new members here: Which QL software company was David associated with in the 1980s?
Dilwyn
After having visited his homepage, I'm quite sure David is still associated with the sector of software today ;)

Welcome David!

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

Welcome David!

I think you are the closest QL user to my neck of the woods. (Ormskirk, Lancashire)

Glad to have you aboard!

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Welcome David,

I still remember many happy days running a stall for CGH Services at the shows you used to do in the North West :)

David Batty
ROM Dongle

Post by David Batty »

Dave wrote:Re: Hello From Leyland, Lancashire
by Dave » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:07 am

I remember you! You're a very smart guy
Hello Dave, I see you are a perceptive chap :D
dilwyn wrote: Android development? Oh goody, I'd love a QL emulator my Android phone...
Lol, thats quite a big job Dilwyn, I'll leave it to someone else, I am working out what might be the next big thing to Angry Birds at the moment, Angry Birds was only based on the catapult type games we used to write (plotting the trajectory of a blob based on Sin/cosine etc).

tofro wrote:Welcome David!
Thanks Tobias.
robheaton wrote:I think you are the closest QL user to my neck of the woods. (Ormskirk, Lancashire
Probably Rob, I am sure the board members will be well spread out, and Ormskirt is only a handful of fields away.
RWAP wrote:I still remember many happy days running a stall for CGH Services at the shows you used to do in the North West
Hi Rich, Nice to see you on here, I enjoyed doing the shows, and also attending the ZX Microfairs at the other end of the country. Great memories, it was an exciting time to be in to computers back then.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Hi David, welcome back the QL scene, your name rings a bell with me not sure why, welcome all the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
David Batty
ROM Dongle

Post by David Batty »

Hi Mr Navigator, it might be because you bought something from Sector Software at Leyland, Lancashire?

Touch Typist, Taskmaster, Spellbound, WriteTurn, Flashback, Ferrett or a multitude of other titles.

I also sold hardware, had keyboard membranes produced, sold modems, monitors, microdrive cartridges etc.

I always had a stall at the ZX Microfairs.