Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Introduce yourself here!
NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello From Leyland, Lancashire

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi Dilwyn,

is it worth your while sending/emailing me a copy of the corrupt file(s) to see if I can extract anything from them? Just a thought. (Or can you put them somewhere I can download them?)

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

NormanDunbar wrote:Hi Dilwyn,

is it worth your while sending/emailing me a copy of the corrupt file(s) to see if I can extract anything from them? Just a thought. (Or can you put them somewhere I can download them?)

Cheers,
Norm.
Thanks. I'll dig the disks out of the attic soon - the disk will copy, but the files themselves are corrupt IIRC.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

OK Dilwyn, I can at least try to rescue something. I presume they are Quill doc files?

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
David Batty
ROM Dongle

Post by David Batty »

dilwyn wrote:Hi David, nice to see you on here again, good luck sorting out your QL stuff but please don't start streaming your accordian music here... ;-)

If while sorting out your QL stuff you happen across a disk with a manual for Page Designer 2 I can release it as freeware. My disks with the DOC files on are all corrupt, and my OCR program is not up to handling the small print in yellow cover manuals you released for it all those years ago! I have the binaries and sources on floppy disk here if a copy of the manual on disk can be found!
Hi Dilwyn, I will have a look for a copy of the manual, I wouldn't be surprised if I had one. Don't hold your breath but when I do dig out my old disks I will let you know.