QL User since 25/9/1985

Introduce yourself here!
mrzap000
ROM Dongle

QL User since 25/9/1985

Post by mrzap000 »

Hi all,
I joined more than a year ago but for some reason I never posted. I'm from Milan, Italy. I received my QL 128k JM ROM on 25th September, 1985. Like most QL users I wrote tons of assembler, superbasic and QC programs, none of which changed history. But I had so much fun.
After upgrading it to Minerva 1.89, I put it in a cupboard in 1991, until last year, when I found out that all my floppy disks were still readable and that my old friend was still functioning! I converted all disks in Qlay2/QL2K format and installed QPC2... every now and then I still manage to find some time to do some wildly useless programming. Last year I picked my Mandelbrot program where I left it in 1989 and implemented a new recursive optimized algorithm and enabled high colour under SMSQ/E. This year, even more useless, I'm rewriting the VI text editor in sbasic with syntax highlighting. Maybe I'll finish it in another 26 years time....
So, great to see many other nostalgic geeks!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: QL User since 25/9/1985

Post by vanpeebles »

A warm welcome to the forum :) We have quite a few QL users from Italy here :D

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

mrzap000 wrote:Hi all,
I joined more than a year ago but for some reason I never posted. I'm from Milan, Italy. I received my QL 128k JM ROM on 25th September, 1985. Like most QL users I wrote tons of assembler, superbasic and QC programs, none of which changed history. But I had so much fun.
After upgrading it to Minerva 1.89, I put it in a cupboard in 1991, until last year, when I found out that all my floppy disks were still readable and that my old friend was still functioning! I converted all disks in Qlay2/QL2K format and installed QPC2... every now and then I still manage to find some time to do some wildly useless programming. Last year I picked my Mandelbrot program where I left it in 1989 and implemented a new recursive optimized algorithm and enabled high colour under SMSQ/E. This year, even more useless, I'm rewriting the VI text editor in sbasic with syntax highlighting. Maybe I'll finish it in another 26 years time....
So, great to see many other nostalgic geeks!
Wow!!!

Can we preserve your assembly/programs?

We are italians too ;)

Best regards.

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Ciao!

ergonql
ROM Dongle

Post by ergonql »

Ciao,

I take the chance to remind we have in Italy a Sinclair QL mailing list (in Italian of course...). To subscribe just send an email to sinclair-italy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Then I would suggest to check Quantum technology web site:
http://www.hunggartorino.it/ql/language/it/ which is maintained by Giorgio Garabello and is for sure the best Italian web site

My web site is the following http://www.sinclairql.it. It is rarely maintained but you will find some information in Italian about the QL meetings as well as other general information plus all our software we developed between 1985 and 1995 (now freeware).

ciao

Davide